Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4979227 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Paid $4.34 for diesel, was $4.69 a block away. Bought $171.00 in groceries that included $11.00 of meat. Things are going to be crazy this summer. Wish I could remember how full I filled that 60 gallon tank on the boat last fall.   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Where else you spend all your money dutchy?? :evil: grain belt! :pouty: :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
dutchy has no money   :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Have to make a run to the post office this morning and to fleet to grab a couple of items and then to gas station. Not looking forward to that. Last gas i bought was in Grand Rapids 10 days ago at $3.21. Guess I'll have to see what the Alex Gas Cartel have the prices set at today and deal with it. Might have been nice if brandon won't have shut down Keystone. Maybe could have gotten the 3% from that instead of putin. Just an idea, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
2 above here this morning. Heading all the way up to 10.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 5 here and might see 13 today..  then -8 tonight again..  jheard gas in Alex is about $3.80 to $3.99...  I find out when I'm in Alex this morning..  time to resupply a few things...  no deer in the yard this morning..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all you early riser's on this chilly hump day morning,last few days spoiled me temp wise,out the door 12 degrees.

guess we need to grin and bare our financial situation these days...good grief,things are getting tough. :mad1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 3 above here heading for a high of 7 today. Supposed to get down to -15 tonight. Cut firewood a nd loaded the wood shed last night. That was the project for me. Filled up to 5 gallon cans of diesel last night at Cenex here in Warroad. Was $4.69 and gas was $3.89. This morning diesel is $4.89 and gas is $3.99. Nice thing about Cenex in Warroad is yoiu get a $.10 a gallon discount if you pay with cash or check. So I paid $4.59 for the diesel yesterday. Still crazy prices though. Well, just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 6* @ 1st peek & I'm seein 13* for the high. Man, that wind was wicked for most of the day yday & looks like it's rollin already again today. It hasn't put a kink in the neighbor's fishin :rolleyes: though as he spent almost all day on his pail yday & is out there again already this AM. :scratch: We too are headed to town in a bit but we need to stop in Cohasset to get rid of our recyclables. They don't open 'til  8:30 so no big hurry. Hopin your wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
dutchy has no money   :pouty:
:scratch: A 60 gallon tank? That sounds like the neighbor's 20' Ranger tiller :confused:, they don't give those away these days.  :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  2 above here.  Got a couple inches of light snow last night.  Will go clean up my buddy that had hear surgerys driveway this morning and haul the maybe last load of hay today.  There are a few bales left so he may buy them too.  Good thing i am helping cuz my buddy even has a hard time getting into the truck now.  Sucks to get old.  Looks like we will finally get into the 30's here next week. Can't wait.  We have a lot of snow to melt before it gets real warm.  Talked to a friend near Luverne last night.  They have had a few 50 degrees days already and no snow left.  They hardly had any snow so may be another dry year there.  Hoping for some nice spring rains.   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed LP,might be another dry season for our farmers....I've been watching the what little snowline there is as our snow goose migration has started,my contacts near omaha nebraska said no snow,mild winter but all the water is still froze,canada geese just starting to show (they migate first as a rule) Area I'm heading to in NW missouri iffin I can afford fuel costs has well over 200k  snow geese,again refuge lake in squaw creek and surrounding area froze,no snow,migrating birds spend the night on the river for open water near desoto.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Flurries & 17 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. One newbie this a.m. Everything seems OK there. Afraid to go check gas prices anymore.  :sad: Need to stuff 10 - 15 gallons in the pickup so I can go get license tabs then park it. Also should get a new battery for the Buick but might limp along and have them put one in there when I get the oil changed. Kind of a PITA to get it in and out especially outside in the cold. Whoever invented those side post batteries should have them shoved up their @$$!  :angry:   Also might not be a bad idea to have them check the ground when they've got it up on the hoist. It's been fine as long as it doesn't get below ~10 degrees.
« Last Edit: March 03/09/22, 08:59:07 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........slept in today!!!!!!! :happy1: shadow was a good boy!!!!!!! :rolleyes: thinking of a trip to st cloud today..we'll see. nuttin urgent!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -4 here and hope to 19 today..  ordered my short loin yesterday will pick it up today or tomorrow..  that will some good eats when I grill them!!  other than that not much going on today..  have a good day all!!   oh and the wind has finally settled down!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin youse guyz...false alarm temp wise,was hoping we moved past sub zero temps,but OOOH no not here in minnesawta,you guyz up nord can't catch a break temp wise looking at the forcast until maybe sunday.

good day to all.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -10 here this AM and heading for a high of 16 today. Looks like another cold night tomorrow night. The forecast is showing 30s next week. I will believe it when I see it. Gas didn't change in price overnight, shocking. I filled up when I left town yesterday. $24.00 in gas and that was just 2 days of driving to work and back. $12.00 a day to drive to work. Crazy! Well just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get gas yesterday, $3.99 at fleet. I did see some deer in town yesterday. They standing right next to the pile of corn someone put out for them. Need to put the new carbides on snowmobile today and the cover back on it so it's ready to go to Hubbard Co. on Friday. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
-4 here this morning. +18 late this afternoon. Snow flurries and windy tonight. Have to go to Fargo for medical appointments today.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -13 when the wife go up and it is -11 now.  Looks nice till you go outside.  Ya Dotch those side posts suck especially when jumping them.  We got the last load of bales hauled yesterday.  Did not see the Elk but the bale guy saw him the other day.  SO I am back to retirement. Cereal and an orange for breakfast after coffee today.  Take a break from eggs and sausage.  Will give the horses 2 new bales in their feeders this morning. Cooper likes to help with that.  He barks at the horses like he is the boss or something.  They pretty much ignore them.  It is pretty funny though.  He and Buddy have been home loose in the house and have had no problems.  There is an empty cardboard box in my office that he chews on which is a great distraction.  So I pick up pieces of it every day.  They will be glad I am home again so we can do stuff.  I see now they are talking 40's next week JB.  And ya I will believe it when I see it too.  We have a pretty good brush pile in the pasture that needs burning one of these nice weekend days whilst snow is still on the ground so no permit is required.  The people that I helped with bales put a care package in my truck yesterday.  Some burger, ribeyes, a big chuck roast and a chicken.  Oh ya a 1.75 of Windsor.  How cool is that?  Nice people.  Well have a great day today, the weekend is almost here I think. LOL

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, -6* early & 17* will be the high. Some flurries tonight & ~ 1" on Saturday, they're sayin. :scratch: Everybody in DR & GR yday was $3.99 & $4.69/gal, that I seen. Nothin on my list so I think it'll just be a glenn-like day here. ;) :laugh: No more now, have a good day!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, where were you hauling the bales from? I know that there is a bull elk that hangs out east of Warroad. I have not seen him for a month or so though. Think he moves a few miles south when the snow gets deeper.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is the one.  Must be a 6x6 or so.  Like I said the farmer said it has been around there for about 10 years. No other ones just him.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Yesterday's newbie isn't the sharpest tool in the shed so we've had to help him some. He had it figured out this a.m. so we should be done with that process. More paperwork crap to do today for taxes, etc. Get thru that & can get on to bigger and better things, like maybe another escape to Canada. This 4 month lambing season stuff has taken its toll on me. Time to recharge the batteries again. Good luck on your medical appt. Ken! They shouldn't have to tell you to eat your vegetables.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning boys. Doing a little better each day! So thankful fo my wife to keep me down, tjese warms temps comeing are gona torture me to get but cant. Maybe on a limted basis.not muc news, just healing, 1 day at a time.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Doing a little better each day! So thankful fo my wife to keep me down, tjese warms temps comeing are gona torture me to get but cant. Maybe on a limted basis.not muc news, just healing, 1 day at a time.
that's the best way too!!!   good to hear!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee LP,that's great you helping the neighbors and the neighbors so thoughtful with goodies,I usually get a hardy handshake  from my neighbors but it's all good.

Curious LP,years ago back when you lived in mahtomedi,did you ever belly up in the "Leprechaun bar?" came across an old pic with friends as we hung out there,played pool etc.
« Last Edit: March 03/10/22, 09:10:22 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes but not often.  I did hit the bowling alley bar.  Forgot the name.  Met a few dates there for our first date.  :sleazy:  Sometimes us guys would stop for a couple after work on Fridays there.  I read the water meters in all of the businesses every 3 months.  The Leprechaun always smelled like a lot of glass beer bottles didn't hit the recycling bin in the basement.  LOL That place that specialized in prime rib was hard to walk out of.  It smelled so good in there.  The Lakeside was in the Fargo movie remember?  That was the one a few blocks south of the rest.  AND yes I am back to being retired. 
« Last Edit: March 03/10/22, 11:51:59 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read an interesting story in our local paper.  In the 1930's Frank McGuire hauled 100 lb boxes of walleyes to the cities from here.  They fish were on ice so timing was important.  On one trip his old truck broke down in Motley.  It was going to take a few days to fix the truck so his fish were going to spoil.  He asked around town and Ed Morey traded some corn and other supplies for the fish and that is how Moreys Seafood started.  How cool is that?   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL ,agreed prime rib at the "shore club" was the best,owned by the irainians "
mahmood's later the family bought the lakeside,old shore club cook told me the owners made him inject the prime rib with a salt water solution on all you can eat prime night to make the guests feel full quicker,cheap arses....

I'll post a pic of the boyz and crazy bar tender "kook" from the lep one of these days.

Wildwood bowl has changed hands as well,no more bowling ally I'm told.Been years,no more picadilly either another great prime rib joint next to the flame bar or whatever they call the bar now?the pic is now a senior living building.