Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 300 pics to 20  (Read 2355 times)

Offline stcspiderman1

Eveer since oct 30th my cam been dead i had pics of nice11 and a 9 few others for last 2 months all sudden have nothing but doe or 2 every 2 days before i check it in 2days i have 400 500 pics of lots of deer  i even sat in the woods last 3 days haven't seen nothing

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to the site, stcspidrman1,
That is not unusual.  I have seen it many times on my property.  What at one time looks like a hot spot, suddenly goes quiet.  At this time of year, bucks tend to hang out near doe groups.  Due to food supply changes, the does may have simply move to a better feeding area. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I've got the same thing going on right now.  Last 3 times in the stand I haven't seen a deer.  The thing I least understand is the only corn field for miles around is right next to my stand.  Unless they are staying in the corn and not coming out till later as I don't have my camera up any more.  Usually have have taken my deer already but this year I just haven't had time to put in the time. ;)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Onin24Eagle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::

Like deadeye said, it's not unusual, especially as the rut starts to heat up.

A good read to understand why this happens would be a book called "Whitetail Intrigue - Scientific Insights for White-Tailed Deer Hunters" by John Ozaga.  Very well researched book that will change your view on a lot of things you thought you knew about deer.
2011 MNO Deer Hunting Challenge Champion