Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 534297 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Without a doubt and not even close that the indoor stadium is a win win situation.  Fun to watch outside games in bad weather but the players don't especially like it and the fans my age don't either.  I used to hit the Met and was a blast but. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I also saw Vikes games at the old Met. But as you say.....I was in my 20's. I'll take the new indoor stadium every time now.  :happy1: :happy1:

And it's interesting that 2 players think it's a good place to play the game. :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/16/24, 08:12:33 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I have business associates in the Green Bay Area and enjoyed many invitations to watch the Vikings play the Packers at Lambeau. If the Vikings game was late in the year, they would switch my invite to a different team and sell or donate the cold weather game against the Vikings.
One of the most memorable games was against the Broncos when Elway almost pulled off a come from behind win, but was sacked by Reggie White 2-3 times in the final minutes.
No empty seats in Lambeau even on the coldest days. 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Having said all that, the games up until November were always fun outside. After that the inside is the way to go.
Truthfully, most of the time I’d rather sit inside, eating better food, parked in my garage, and watch the game on TV.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I also saw Vikes games at the old Met. But as you say.....I was in my 20's. I'll take the new indoor stadium every time now.  :happy1: :happy1:

And it's interesting that 2 players think it's a good place to play the game. :happy1: :happy1:

same here and watched the Vikes and 49'ers in the play offs!!!  fun but colder then heck!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife has never been to a Vikes game and we keep talking about going to one but it is so fun to watch at home like was said.  Good food when the game is over we are already here and don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to do it.  The games go so fast when there too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
this is where i differ........i'm not spending that kid of money on tickets.....to the Vikes or Twins to have weather cancel or delay it. and i dont think its in the best interest health wise to playing outdoors when its 20below or windchills that high.  :confused:

if anything they need to seriously look at the turf these guys are playing on.....alot more injuries!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikes will have new turf by the time the new season starts. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Spend spend spend

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They would have changed last year but there was 1 year of warranty on the existing turf so they waited a year.  The Vikes and about 3 other teams have this turf that is not the safest.  That is why they are changing.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Does the warrantee cover Cousin's bloen out achiles?  Just sayin.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Did the fully do their do diligence on the existing turf? Just sayin'.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure the NFL & NFLPA has spent many millions on the best turf to cut down on injuries. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38624943/inside-nfl-turf-debate-injuries-safety-measures-more
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
One thing I have learned in my short life is that its a heck of a lot easier to spend someone else's money than it is your own.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The vast majority of these stadiums are publicly owned & are kept quite busy. A couple are even said to host 200 events a year :scratch:, so durability & the cost of maintenance of the field have to enter in to the decision too.
« Last Edit: February 02/18/24, 07:54:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Everybody's at the Scouting Combine where workouts start tomorrow, but the Vikes signed a new coach yday. https://www.vikings.com/news/josh-mccown-quarterbacks-coach-2024

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Everybody's at the Scouting Combine where workouts start tomorrow, but the Vikes signed a new coach yday. https://www.vikings.com/news/josh-mccown-quarterbacks-coach-2024
:rolleyes: :doah: :scratch: i have a hard time grasping why or how a career backup QB is coaching material??? and maybe younger then Capt Kirk????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The guy he was with in Carolina, Frank Reich, is considered by many to be 1 of the best QB coaches the league has seen in quite a while.
« Last Edit: February 02/28/24, 03:08:46 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Before he joined the NFL coaching ranks, McCown was an assistant coach at Myers Park High School during the 2019 season. Myers Park was quarterbacked at the time by current top draft prospect Drake Maye. The Vikings have been rumored to be interested in moving up in the draft to get their QB of the future. Maye is widely considered to be a top-three pick in the upcoming draft. :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard them talking on KFAN the other day but didn't hear it all but McCown was the QB when the Cardinals knocked us out of the playoffs.  They mentioned Larry Fitzgerald too.  SO he beat us.  LOL

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Googled it  Dec 28, 2003.  Culpepper was our QB.  Last play of the game McCown hit a receiver in the end zone from about 25 yards and beat us.  They label it as Paul Allens most memorable call.  He calls a great game but that loss I could almost remember.   LOL  I don't know how to post it or I would. 
« Last Edit: February 02/28/24, 04:40:46 PM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
KO'C got his 1st job as a QB coach with the Browns in 2015 & McCown was 1 of their QB's then. https://www.startribune.com/new-vikings-qbs-coach-josh-mccown-following-in-kevin-oconnells-footsteps/600346887/

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
After last years parade of backups maybe he suits up this year. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Ya really.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not sure he's another TB12, db, as he'll turn 45 in July. But you never know!! :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the Vikes are letting Mattison go and will save about 3.5 mill. We will know how the Cousins thing works out by March 12 or 13 I believe. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Minnesota Vikings continue to negotiate with pending free agent Kirk Cousins but according to reports from ESPN's Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler there may be a gap between what Cousins wants and what the Vikings are offering.

"The sense I'm getting is Minnesota still wants Cousins to return, but Cousins has a very specific idea in mind for what he wants in a new contract and the Vikings so far have not made an offer that matches it,"

"The feeling around the league is that Minnesota is hopeful, they want to do a deal with Cousins but they're not going to live and die by it," Fowler said. "They're going to have limits here. Those limits are probably pertaining to the guaranteed money in the contract."

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
For some reason this Santa cartoon is attached to this. Nothing to do with the Vikes. Can't delete it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

But then, I would probably have to agree that Santa is a Republican.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/24, 06:10:05 PM by KEN W »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!