Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 56853 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate to taint the NFL thread but it relates.  I am so sick of Travis or maybe even both Kelces and Taylor Swift.  All super nice people but good gawd leave it alone.  Tune into KFAN and usually it is the main article.  Other sports venus too do it.  I used to think it was cute to see them in love but I tired of it now.  Media too lazy to find a new story and milking it for every drop they can get out of it.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
X2 LPS!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hate to taint the NFL thread but it relates.  I am so sick of Travis or maybe even both Kelces and Taylor Swift.  All super nice people but good gawd leave it alone.  Tune into KFAN and usually it is the main article.  Other sports venus too do it.  I used to think it was cute to see them in love but I tired of it now.  Media too lazy to find a new story and milking it for every drop they can get out of it.
to the NFL...its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
4 Days

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
3 DAYS
« Last Edit: April 04/22/24, 05:25:20 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: SOooo....how long now till its over!!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: It goes Thursday, Friday, & Saturday.!!!!!! :party1: :cheerleader:   SOoooo........you can start watching the 1st Rd in & 44 hours, 27 minutes, & 30 seconds. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/24/24, 05:43:47 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: SOooo....how long now till its over!!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: The 1st Rd should be done by 10 PM tomorrow, so a little < 41 hours. :cry:     :rolleyes: ;D ;D

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is tomorrow night everyone so get ready.   :sleazy:  It's gonna be a great time.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like NE wants to break the bank for their 1st Rd pick & many of the teams looking to move up think their price is too high. I'm sure there'll still be some last-minute deals done yet too. Pretty sure I'll be giving the remote a workout at least until the Vikings 1st pick at #11.  :smiley:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, you never know what the real price will be until the team is on the clock.

Obviously, no team was willing to over-pay to get a trade done ahead of draft night, so they'll all take their chances on draft night, and the Pats or any other team thinking about moving down will have to make their own value decision.

I'm still worried the Vikings will over-pay because they are painted into a corner.  But we'll find out tonight.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: I can't wait

« Last Edit: April 04/25/24, 09:35:30 AM by roony »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :sorry: But 3 or 4 of us love to talk football..........................so it might not stop after tonight. :tut: Kind of like me watching the Hallmark channel :scratch:.....................I don't like it.................so I don't watch it!  :pouty: :thumbs:  :confused: Oh, by the way, ...................& only ~47 minutes to go!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/25/24, 06:15:38 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to get my information from you guys that like to talk football.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that!!!   cause I won't follow it other wise
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Vikings shirt on.   :sleazy: 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: Boy a whole hour and no updates yet. Did it start at 7 or 8?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings pick a cowboys cheerleader! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just enjoy giving you football nuts a hard time.
Carry on!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It does get hard to listen to all of the BS they spew during picks.  It is faster tomorrow I think.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got JJ McCarthy.  I really like him.  GOOD JOB VIKES!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO it took an hour and a half to go 12 spots.  So our 23 will be another hour and a half.  Don't know if I will make it.  Was already a complete success.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think teams are probably instructed to use most of their 8 minutes on the clock before they announce "The Pick is In."  That way the guarantee an the show will last as long as possible.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Yes.....they need to have the Talking Heads tell the story and show videos of each pick. Plus have commercials. If you notice.....it usually says "The pick is in." Halfway through the 10 minutes.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We got JJ McCarthy.  I really like him.  GOOD JOB VIKES!!!
Cool beans. Really hope this one pans out!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings pick a cowboys cheerleader! :happy1: :rotflmao:
:scratch: & glenn shoots a squirrel................................... @ HD's place!!! :rolleyes:  :doah:        ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 04/26/24, 04:42:31 AM by Gunner55 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They get their quarterback in McCarthy and a line backer in Turner from Alabama. I really don't think they could have done better.

Now they need to let McCarthy sit a year and learn. He is pretty young and has a lot to learn.

But, the most important news of the day the Twins sweep the White Sux.   :bow:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I just enjoy giving you football nuts a hard time.
Carry on!
:scratch: You been getting pot stirring lessons from glenn? :confused: Because you got me. :bonk: :doah:              :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They get their quarterback in McCarthy and a line backer in Turner from Alabama. I really don't think they could have done better.
I agree, but they've mortgaged some of their mid-round draft capital this year and next to get those guys.  These guys have to pay off in a big way, plus the Vikes need to find other creative ways (or get lucky) in filling their other needs. 

With the lack of edge rushers available, maybe Turner has some X-factor in his ability to rush the QB - especially in a Brian Flores defense.  It reminds me of the Zimmer/Anthony Barr pick.  Hopefully Turner will be effective EVERY year, instead of every other year like Barr seemed to be.

And I know I'm dreaming, but since McCarthy is only 20 years old...  wouldn't it be awesome if he turned out to be the Steph Curry of the 2024 QB class in a couple of years.  Everyone says he has the "upside."   :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: April 04/26/24, 09:28:43 AM by Steve-o »