Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cell phone privacy  (Read 4407 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that most cell phones have tracking turned on for the apps.  We don't even realize it.  You can turn it off.  It was on on my phone and I didn't know it.  Go to settings.  Then privacy.  Then tracking apps.  If it is on turn it off unless you want everyplace you have explored to track you.  It really slows down phones due to all of the tracking going on.  Then restart your phone.  Always say don't track when asked.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I know who you are and I know where you've been.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that most cell phones have tracking turned on for the apps.  We don't even realize it.  You can turn it off.  It was on on my phone and I didn't know it.  Go to settings.  Then privacy.  Then tracking apps.  If it is on turn it off unless you want everyplace you have explored to track you.  It really slows down phones due to all of the tracking going on.  Then restart your phone.  Always say don't track when asked.

Did that 2 days after getting my new spangled internets phony!  :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone of my friends that I texted this too had the "allow tracking by apps" allowed on their Iphones.  Check it if you haven't.  It sounds like every phone sold has that turned on. 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
You might want to go one step further. Go to settings, privacy settings, system services, and significant locations. You can turn that off so it doesn’t keep track of places you go to regularly. Not saying it’s a devious plot, but why do they need to know where I go regularly? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So FW just asking.  So what if I get lost in the woods cuz I am following someone on here ??? and we get lost?  Will my phone still be trackable to find me?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: i;m not so sure anyone really wants to know where i go!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They already know and it ain't pretty.   :smoking:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good info LPS,I was clueless to this and yes my tracking app was on.

thanx,

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
10:03 AM - Someone named Steve-o is at the liquor store on 4th and Grand for the third time this week.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's our Steve-O...   :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You might want to go one step further. Go to settings, privacy settings, system services, and significant locations. You can turn that off so it doesn’t keep track of places you go to regularly. Not saying it’s a devious plot, but why do they need to know where I go regularly?

I just did that and there were two things there to turn off so apps and other people can track you.  There is still a find my phone thing there.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the down side is using my phone gps,must engage tracker to use.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The upside for me is nobody gives a damn where I am anyway.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A lady at work was telling me how she tracks her kids by cell phone location. I'm glad they didn't have that option in my day.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
So FW just asking.  So what if I get lost in the woods cuz I am following someone on here ??? and we get lost?  Will my phone still be trackable to find me?

This is the only down side I see of turning it off.  They have been able to find lost or stranded folks by their cell phone signals. I do have mine turned off though. Plus, I don't want anyone knowing all the questionable web sites I go to, like this one!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/30/21, 09:04:41 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
A lady at work was telling me how she tracks her kids by cell phone location. I'm glad they didn't have that option in my day.
for darn sure!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man you got that right.  We were never where we were supposed to be.  That is why it was so much fun.   :sleazy: