Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 914669 times)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am not a big turkey fan but all three of those looks great guys!!  :bow:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks dynamite coop!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure of this grilling under the lights at 5, but it's dinner fer 2. Chuckeyes,  spuds,  shrooms n and a side salad.  I see she is side tracked by wheel of fortune after dinner but I'm not buying it,.... :surrender:
« Last Edit: November 11/30/23, 06:37:26 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope your chastity remained untarnished boober. On the bright side, Mrs. Cheviot shares a similar affliction with Wheel of Boredom. Burgers under the lights last nite with a big ol' hunk of raw onion, smashed taters, cottage cheese, celery sticks & sunflower salad. Oh & the hammer of the gods...🍸
« Last Edit: December 12/04/23, 02:57:14 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, what a combo.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Knew this a.m. the wife was gonna be late so asked her what time she guesstimated her ETA would be. 8 p.m. she said so told her I'd get something to put on the grill. Got mushroom & Swiss, dill pickle & pineapple teriyaki brats then fired up the grill about 7:30. Coals were ready about the time she got home. Guess what? She brings home a Papa Murphys! Not a problem. Had a brat hot off the grill while I was waiting for the pizza to get done!  :doah:

« Last Edit: December 12/07/23, 09:20:31 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you get enough of them on there Dotch?  LOL  They look great!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to have left overs!!!   and then there is breakfast too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Right Mike. Great leftovers.  Won't have to cook for a few days. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking venison tenderloins.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm thinking venison tenderloins.  :azn:

Already grilled mine up the Tuesday after MN gun opener. There is nothing better!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Do y'all run into folks that confuse venison tenderloins from backstrap? 

I think its because the venison backstrap is about the same size as a beef tenderloin.

Personally, I prefer the venison backstrap to the tenderloins.  Eating is good with a deer in the freezer.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I think its because the venison backstrap is about the same size as a beef tenderloin.

Personally, I prefer the venison backstrap to the tenderloins.  Eating is good with a deer in the freezer.

yes I have!!!   and I enjoy both!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

i havent but i remember back in the day when we first started cutting up our own deer......we never new about the tenderloins!!!! :confused: :bonk: :bonk:

i plain like any venision!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My daughter showed the probable-future-son-in-law where the tenderloins were last year and I had him peel them out this year so he knew how to do it.  Before that, his crew was always throwing them away too.   :embarrassed:

Yep, I don't particularly go for recipes that try to cover up the flavor of game.  If you need to cover up the flavor, cook cow instead. :chef:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have run into some people that did not know about the tenderloins.  :bonk:
The backstraps or chops is the 2nd best cut from the animal my opinion.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They sure do lps, thinking papa Murphys was a disguise momma employed,  he might still be running his fence lines after that brat performance!  :bow:  The tailgater got the nod here ( I need charcoal) mushroom and high temp cheese burglars. Momma whipped me up a Colorado bulldog,  dang was that tasty!  Pretty sure she's just trying to slow me down,  might hafta fake stomach cramps cuz playing dead isn't working...

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
My daughter showed the probable-future-son-in-law where the tenderloins were last year and I had him peel them out this year so he knew how to do it.  Before that, his crew was always throwing them away too.   :embarrassed:

:doah: :doah:  Tell her there's other guys out there honey!   :tut:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribeye and sirlion tip steak from the new place.  I'm impressed.  :happy1: :hubba:glad I don't gotta worry about my wife attacking me! :pouty:
« Last Edit: December 12/14/23, 06:43:12 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You so sure of that Glenn? Her fingernails look perty long... :bow:  Looks dynamite and I wish you well!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribeye and sirlion tip steak from the new place.  I'm impressed.  :happy1: :hubba:glad I don't gotta worry about my wife attacking me! :pouty:
Does she ever ask "yeah the he11 do we have to take a picture of everything we eat?" 🤔  😅
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Does she ever ask "yeah the he11 do we have to take a picture of everything we eat?" 🤔  😅
other then her infamous  eye roll now and then ... NOPE

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You can see Shadow eying them up too.  :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You can see Shadow eying them up too.  :rotflmao:
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea if there's food anywhere within a 3 block vicinity........he's on it!!!! :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully Mrs. boober didn't put any of those Bill Cosby drugs in yer drink boober. Wow! Yer right. Smurfette really has some claws! Hope you were able to swing wide & avoid them glenn. Nice to see you actually put food on the plates rather than just eating out of the pan too. Of course it could just be a photographic ruse to throw us off too... :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Christmas eve supper just me and wife. Well it's both stove and grill. Yea I grilled in the rain! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I'll be right side up  :happy1:

I should  teach classes   :crazy: :rotflmao: