Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Da Vikes 2018 schedule:  (Read 7078 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
               Vikings open season at home against 49ers, have four national TV games.

Here’s a look at the schedule:

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 9, vs. San Francisco 49ers, noon, Fox
San Francisco running back Jerick McKinnon no doubt hopes to have a creative touchdown celebration against his former team. He played the past four years with Minnesota.

Week 2: Sunday Sept. 16, at Green Bay Packers, noon, Fox

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers faces the Vikings for the first time since linebacker Anthony Barr broke his collarbone with a hit last October. The two then launched into a war of words.

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23, vs. Buffalo Bills, noon, CBS

When the Vikings face the Bills, it conjures up memories of games played in adverse weather. Oh well, for just the fourth time the teams play indoors.

Week 4: Thursday, Sept. 27, at Los Angeles Rams, 7:20 p.m., Fox, NFL Network

The Vikings play their first game in L.A. since losing to the Los Angeles Raiders 24-7 on Sept. 5, 1993. They last played the Rams in Los Angeles on Nov. 29, 1992, winning 31-17.

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 7, at Philadelphia Eagles, 3:25 p.m., Fox

A Philadelphia radio station reported last month the Super Bowl champs would open the NFL campaign against the Vikings. Perhaps the league ended up being scared off by Minnesota’s 38-7 loss in the NFC Championship Game, so the Eagles got Atlanta.

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 14, vs. Arizona Cardinals, noon, Fox

Cardinals star receiver and Minneapolis native Larry Fitzgerald could play his final game in his hometown. Often-injured quarterback Sam Bradford will face his former team if he lasts that long in 2018.

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 21, at New York Jets, noon, Fox

Could the Vikings run into Teddy Bridgewater, their starting quarterback until suffering a devastating knee injury in August 2016? First, Bridgewater needs to make the Jets’ roster.

Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 28, vs. New Orleans Saints, 7:20 p.m., NBC

The Saints are looking for revenge. They lost 29-24 in the playoffs on Case Keenum’s miraculous 61-yard TD pass to Stefon Diggs on the final play.

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4, vs. Detroit Lions, noon, Fox

The Vikings are looking for payback. They’ve dropped two straight home games to Detroit, half their defeats in two years at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Week 10: Bye week.

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18, at Chicago Bears, noon, Fox

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, a Chicago-area native, loves to win in his hometown. He’s done it two of the last three years after Minnesota lost seven straight at Chicago.

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 25, vs. Green Bay Packers, 7:20 p.m., NBC

The Packers aren’t happy about being 0-2 at U.S. Bank Stadium. That includes a 17-14 Sunday night loss in 2016 in the stadium’s first regular-season game.

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 2, at New England Patriots, 3:25 p.m., Fox

Many thought this would be the Super Bowl matchup last February. Perhaps this game will be a Super Bowl preview.

Week 14: Monday, Dec. 10, at Seattle Seahawks, 7:15 p.m., ESPN

The Vikings have struggled recently against Seattle, losing four straight. But this is hardly the same outfit that once was dominant in the NFC.

Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 16, vs. Miami Dolphins, noon, CBS

With the Dolphins coming north in December, the Vikings might wish they could play outdoors. But it might not matter since Miami could be playing out the string.

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 23, at Detroit Lions, noon, Fox

Spending time around the holidays in Detroit is becoming the norm. After two straight Thanksgiving games there, they now visit two days before Christmas.

Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30, vs. Chicago Bears, noon, Fox

For the fourth time in his five seasons, Zimmer’s Vikings close at home against Chicago. They’re 3-0 so far.

:reporter;.BRIEFLY

The Vikings finalized their preseason schedule. They play at Denver at 8 p.m. Aug. 11, home against Jacksonville at noon Aug. 18, home against Seattle at 7 p.m. Aug. 24 and at Tennessee at 7 p.m. Aug. 30. … Former Vikings defensive tackle Keith Millard learned Thursday he will announce the team’s second-round draft choice April 27 in Dallas. “It is a great honor for the Vikings to choose me to represent our great team, city, our fans,” he said.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
what makes you think McKinnons gonna score a TD???????????? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
what makes you think McKinnons gonna score a TD???????????? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OK! Mr. Mac Da Mouth.  I'm willing ta bet-cha 25 cents dat he duz.  Wait a minute............Hey Borgie! Ya got 25 cent I kin borrow? :scratch:    :embarrassed: Please!!!!!! :doah:
« Last Edit: April 04/20/18, 08:16:43 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

OK! Mr. Mac Da Mouth.  I'm willing ta bet-cha 25 cents da he duz.  Wait a minute............Hey Borgie! Ya got 25 cent I kin borrow? :scratch:    :embarrassed: Please!!!!!! :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'll wait to respond till i hear ya secured that loan!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

OK! Mr. Mac Da Mouth.  I'm willing ta bet-cha 25 cents da he duz.  Wait a minute............Hey Borgie! Ya got 25 cent I kin borrow? :scratch:    :embarrassed: Please!!!!!! :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'll wait to respond till i hear ya secured that loan!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Don't be a jerk about it :angry2: I'll get da dough no :bs:

Hay dare anyone dat's on line now! Kin ya loan me a quarter :confused: I'll even split da dough wit-ca when we win da bet!

Many BWCA Reports

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've looked the schedule over 3 times and can't find a loss on it :confused:  Should be another great season :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've looked the schedule over 3 times and can't find a loss on it :confused:  Should be another great season :happy1:

Best look again ma man :doah: Doze Vikes have-ta play "DA BEARS"  :blues brothers: twice dis year. Dare-fore you will encounter some looses fur sure. Even if ya beat "DA BEARS" yer boys will be so crippled up after dat it's:

:oops1:

.....D
                                                                                                                                             o
                                                                                                                                              w
                                                                                                                                               n
                                                                                                                                                h
                                                                                                                                                 i
                                                                                                                                                  L
                                                                                                                                                   L

Da rest a da way!  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: September 09/07/18, 01:08:02 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: get that secured loan yet?????????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I think it's all fake news.  :archery:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

All Yous' Guys will be pullin :cheerleader: fur "Da Bears" :blues brothers: when day play da pack on sunday! :moon:
« Last Edit: September 09/07/18, 08:54:41 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: I root for anyone playing The Cheeseheads ;) ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Haveta grab at straws when yer a bruins fan. They learn to "grin and bear it".  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY LEE,......... WHEN YOU SENDING ME DAT 2 BITS!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

All Yous' Guys will be pullin :cheerleader: fur "Da Bears" :blues brothers: when day play da pack on sunday! :moon:

:evil:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/09/18, 07:18:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Last time I checked, the opposing QBs aren't on the field at the same time.
 :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last time I checked, the opposing QBs aren't on the field at the same time.
 :crazy:

Rumor has it dat dem two QB's are gunna enter a tree legged race at 1/2 time. Dis would be after Cousins hurts his leg in da second quarter. You'll have ta ass Glenn. He's da one dat toll me bout it. :confused:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/14/18, 04:03:47 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 01:42:27 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Not really sure you can say it was just our new quarterback? 3 missed field goals didn't help!  😟

Green Bay Aaron Rodgers threw for 281 yards and a score.

Minnesota's Kirk Cousins threw for 425 yards and four touchdowns. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty pissed at Carlson, but I'm more pissed at Treadwell.  Here is someone's salary cap analysis to indicate why cutting Treadwell might not make financial sense.

"Right now, the Vikings are $4 million under the cap. If they cut Treadwell, his cap hit goes from $2.7 million to $5.8 million. That’s a lot of extra dead money, and unless they re-work deals with other players to free some cap money up, this doesn’t seem very plausible. It would be a classic ‘cut off your nose to spite your face’ move, and it would leave the Vikings thin at WR with no realistic way to sign a free agent. So no, I don’t see the team making a roster move with Treadwell."

I'd like to see Treadwell work out and become as good as Diggs and Thelen, but it isn't shaping that way.  I don't doubt the guy is working hard to get better.  But just like you can't keep missing field goals, you can't keep dropping balls to stop drives.

If it is the coach's job to give the team the best chance to win, maybe they will give Coley or Zylstra more of a chance.    Maybe it isn't as simple as that.  I'm no NFL coach.   :undecided:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But you stayed at a Holiday Inn, right?  :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Sign WR Aldrick Robinson, Waive K Daniel Carlson

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-sign-wr-aldrick-robinson-release-k-daniel-carlson

Robinson (5-10, 187) joins the Vikings after being released by the San Francisco 49ers on August 31st, 2018. Robinson, entering his seventh NFL season, originally joined the 49ers as a free agent in the 2017 offseason. The Waxahachie, Texas native began his career in 2011 as a sixth-round (178 overall) draft choice with the Washington Redskins and has since spent time with the Redskins, Baltimore Ravens, Atlanta Falcons, and 49ers organizations, totaling 69 catches for 1,191 yards and nine touchdowns in 68 game appearances (five starts).

In 2017, Robinson saw action in all 16 games (1 start) as a 49er, recording 19 receptions for 260 yards and two touchdowns. Robinson finished a four-year collegiate career at SMU ranked second in career receiving yards (3,313) and career receiving touchdowns (30) while ranking seventh in career receptions (181). Robinson and Vikings QB Kirk Cousins were teammates in Washington from 2012 to 2013.

Vikings waive kicker Daniel Carlson, to sign Dan Bailey

Vikings waive kicker Daniel Carlson, to sign Dan Bailey

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said the Vikings will bring in Dan Bailey for a physical, and they are expected to sign him. Bailey, released by Dallas on Sept. 1, is the second-most accurate kicker in NFL history.

Zimmer said it was an “easy” decision to let Carlson go.

To take Carlson’s place on the roster Monday, the Vikings signed free-agent wide receiver Aldrick Robinson. They will need to make another roster move when Bailey is signed.

Carlson, a fifth-round pick in April, beat out Kai Forbath to win the Vikings job during the preseason. But on Sunday, in his second regular-season game, he went 0-of-3 on field goals.

Carlson missed attempts from 48 yards in the first quarter and 49 and 35 in overtime. The last miss came on the game’s final play.

Bailey kicked for Dallas from 2011-17 before his release earlier this month. Bailey is the second-most accurate kicker in NFL history at 88.2 percent, behind only Justin Tucker at 90.3 percent.

Robinson is in his seventh NFL season. He played for Washington in 2012 and 2013, when Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins was with the Redskins.

The speedy Robinson, who played last season with San Francisco, has 69 career catches for 1,191 yards for an average gain of 17.3 yards. Robinson worked out Sept. 7 with the Vikings.
« Last Edit: September 09/17/18, 02:14:25 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to agree...    :happy1: :clap:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm all in on it too!  Pretty darn excited about it actually!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/18/18, 01:34:03 PM by LPS »