Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall Bite Continues  (Read 2062 times)

Offline lakeofthewoodsmn

• Master Outdoorsman

Lake Of The Woods Fishing Report:

On the south end...   A very strong bite continues, the fish are there, but a late October snowfall of about 6 inches has halted most fishing. 

Good numbers of walleyes and saugers continue targeting big schools of emerald shiners in the lake.  24- 26 feet of water, give or take, has been producing nice limits from Pine Island, Morris Point, Zippel Bay and Long Point.

Jigging with emerald shiners, rainbows or fatheads working well.  Emerald shiners are preferred by many as a walleye natural forage.  Gold, pink, orange, glow white and red or a combo has been good colors.

A skim of ice showing up in back bays.

On the Rainy River...   Shiners continue to run in the Rainy River in good numbers.  Nice walleyes being caught for thise willing to brave the weather. 

Jigging with emerald shiners has also been catching the majority of fish in the river.

Target depths range from 8 - 24 feet of water depending upon what part of the river you are fishing.

The river is still open and free of ice.

Up at the NW Angle...  Walleye fishing finished strong on both sides of the border up at the Angle.   

Some harbors and far back bays are making ice and open water fishing is coming to a halt.

Lodging, fish house rentals, ice fishing, and meal packages for the upcoming ice fishing season at www.LakeoftheWoodsMN.com/Lodging

« Last Edit: November 11/01/23, 05:37:16 PM by HD »

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Nice Report. We are going to brave the Cold in about 2 hours and see if we can get a few more Eyes. No live bait for us and we will be fishing a LOT shallower water than you. Be interesting to see how much the water temps have dropped. Last Thur. it was still 53-54 Deg. When my buddy fished on Sat. it was 51 Deg's. My guess is that today it will probably be 47 at the most after the cold days we have had since Sat.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Yep, the fall bite still continues here in Central Minnesota as well. The water temp dropped from 51 to 46 from Sat. Afternoon to Wed. Afternoon. We ended up with 3 overs ( 20”+ ) and 3 nice eater fish.I also lost another nice eater right at the boat. I think the bite is going to really get going soon. I think the rapid drop in water temps had the bite off a little yesterday. Once it stabilizes for a few days I think the bite will be on fire. Just hope the landings don’t start to ice over. There was ice on a few small bays already yesterday. Here are a few pictures from the outing
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, those fishing reports are always great and mostly BS. Never trust the tourism report.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yea thpost comes outa tue cities and is copied and pasted on many other sites
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it comes from Joe Henry in Baudette.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yu. Ould be right, i thoughtsincethe main tourism office for LOW is in the cities so.... but yu prob right
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"