Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 649240 times)

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
It is WINDY and it was 15 when I got up and 8 now....brrrrr.   Shop day for me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Holy crap,it's a cold cruel world under that ice

I've had about a 3/4 INCH LOOK LIKE a  small Sunfish or perch swim around my hole several times this morning.  Just had 3-4 perch come up chase it and ate it  :shocked:

I noticed when cleaning the fish o did get there were either perch or real small Sunfish in the stomach.
« Last Edit: February 02/15/24, 10:32:03 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I'm off the lake.  Nordens are safe till may. Seen 2 both still swimming.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way...  I really liked those back-stabbing photos you posted.   :Photography:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got your  pm. :happy1:

A good solid 16-17 Inches of ice  rumor has it an 18 lber was taken about a week ago.
I talked to our neighbor up there for the 1st time in a month or so yday & he's been up a couple times with his youngest boy since New Years. He said they found 14" of good clear ice on our lake. They even caught a few crappies & gills but they ran small so they didn't keep any. The boy did get a slot, 19", eye too. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so...i think that may have been my last ice fishing venture.........guess my brother is going back up weather permitting march 7th.

unless i get a bug up my  :moon: OR ice is safe and i hear the tullibees are biting close by!!!!!! :sleazy:

yesterday afternoon the curiosity got the best of me, so me and da dawg took a drive to check out some of the lakes, which will remain anonamous!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao: its crazy how little traffic is on the lakes.i checked 7 differnet lakes!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like fun!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way...  I really liked those back-stabbing photos you posted.   :Photography:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you sound alot like boober now!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you sound alot like boober now!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
What did I say?   :confused:
 ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What did I say?   :confused:
 ;)
:rotflmao: the backstabbing photos...... i assumed you were one of his kind!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm,  a little on the guilty side a smidge Glenn,  musta had a few illegals in the mix.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm,  a little on the guilty side a smidge Glenn,  musta had a few illegals in the mix.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: not in the least......i've been told you need to have a conscious to feel guilty!  :sleazy: :sleazy: :rolleyes:

and i'll never tell!!!!!!! :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a couple vehicles parked out front at Geiger's & there's 3 more down at Lakewood's access early today too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what i find insanely crazy is i have more snow in my yard then there is up there..... i,ve been fortunate to be going up there since 1965 and have never seen something like this!!!!!! you can literally drive anywhere.....except on the lakes!!!! :surrender: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: With the lake levels what they were last fall & no snow this winter I'm starting to think we're probably going to need to put some more dock out this Spring. :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: With the lake levels what they were last fall & no snow this winter I'm starting to think we're probably going to need to put some more dock out this Spring. :rolleyes:
        :doah: :cry: :cry: :violin: :violin: :violin: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven’t had the driveway plowed once this year. Usually a half dozen times by now. Started the snowblower once to make paths to the woodshed and the lake. Also have some heat tapes on the roof in a couple valleys. Have not plugged them in.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

You are not the only one thinking this way.  I have another 100' of dock that I think we are going to be putting out this year.  It is in two sections and I will put out what is needed.   I WILL get the boat lift out deep enough this year. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 2 docks, the old section is a rollout & 40' long, that's all we had out last season. The new part has composite decking & is in 2-10' sections with no axle. I seen a few boat lifts on our lake taken out of service before the end of the season last year. We've only needed all our dock out 3-4 times since we've been there, 63-64, & it's usually been tough fishing with the lake level that low.
« Last Edit: February 02/19/24, 07:45:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I pull my roll in part that is 28' up on shore.  I turn my floating part that is 24' parallel to shore and pull it up close to shore to freeze in. When the river is too low I have to wait for it to come up some to float that part of the dock.  A good north wind blows the lake up the river and that helps a lot too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They're back on their spot south of Geiger's again early this morning. Hardly anyone up at URL today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 A couple portables with wheelers(?) a little ways out front of Geiger's a few minutes ago.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple portables with wheelers(?) a little ways out front of Geiger's a few minutes ago.
seen that.... :happy1: wonder iffin there chasing perch????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
1 back out in about the same spot early today too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a few more joined in. also looks like they got a light dusting of snow too!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
2 out there again today.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lakes up there look pretty baron this morning, even Red!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a small group out on URL yday & they're still there.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!