Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice castle tool box  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well I had some xmas money and I bought the larget hub style house from clam, got it home and thoguth wat a stupid purchase. I brought it back and it kind hurt cause it was on sale for 399.99 at LandM fleet in bemidji.I figured with that money and another chunk of change I saved it would be better put to use aquireing tools and supplies for my ice castle. i first off was going to buy a spare tire, then realized i didnt know the bolt pattern, fleet had a the right size rime and tire but asked about bolt pattern, crud, already at a stand still. I called smokey hills my dealer and confirmed that I had a 6 bolt rim and that their gona ship me one out on monday little more than i wanted to pay but Ill get the right one.
     So Next I cruzed the isle, with my list and found a nice floor jack, and waffled over a floor jack or a bottle jack, decide with the 2 ton floor jack cause ive always wanted one andit fits my purpose at home to. Picke out a 1/2" drive braker bar and deep well socket set for lugs and a speed X wrench.
 so after cruzing the isle of ice fishing stuff and getting distracted from my mission I opted for menards where there is less eye candy for and ice fisherman, I got plenty if gear for ice fishing I need tools ect..I found my cable clamps for possible cable repaires on ice but couldnt remeber if the cable was 1/4 or 5/16 so I picked up 4 of each at 37 cent apiece, cheap enough. Found a batterie jumper pack that ive been wanting for those extra cold nights and for getting the key on so that was a goodie to remember. I waffled about leaf pins cause I couldnt remember what size of pins so I passed for now but should picked up a hand full of pin clevises. but for got, simple thing to pick up later.
     Now come the hard part. I picked up a new interstated deep cycle batterie. My current batterie has not been keeping a charge very long whne ive disscinected the generator, two things have come to mind after researching.1 it could have froze says a freind, how? when the charge level is low  baterries can freeez if not fully charged. Ok fine but how would my batterie become low on charge and freeze when I have an on board charger and always hooked up to the generator. You could have very well poped a breacker in your controll panel and not noticed it. The controll panle sits in the bench seating right right where peoples feet are. the panel door has poped open from peoples feeet hit it and such. #2 I cant remeber so i bougtht he batterie after a 2 hour research and waffle. If the generator shuts off  for what ever reason the batterie should power the furnace for several hours, mine lasted 1/2 hour.
     So after finally marking of the new tool supply list for any kinda mishap beside major breack down i decide to pick up a few extra comfy things for guests and or wife, I found the batterie at Gander mountain, Hate gander but left leaving happy, they had 10 percent of every item in the store sale,  so since I was ther already I looked around and found an extra large cot for large people, and a Zero gravity chair, have always wanted one, reg. 99.99 on sale at 49.99 with the ten percent off, sweet. so s i get to the check out, the clerk askes if I like to apply for a gander card and save an additional 60 dollars of my purchase along with the 10 percent of each item sure, wife ownt like it but hey 60 bucks ? im in. the three items at gander, I saved 146 bucks. cnat go wrong there.
     Now I just need my new truck, which is come next season. Wheeeeeeeee.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Jeeze Boar if you would have brought this up on any site we're both on!! I could have supplied lots of what yer lookin for tools, floor and bottle jacks.I have a shed full and me an the boss keep saying a yard sale is going to happen.The cable clamps drawers full cable also!Turque wrenches breaker bars deep sockets.Next time mention what you or anyone here needs I may have it! Like last post of me older I been buyin new tools for years and never off the old!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Auug really?  hey could use a larger floor jack than what I have, i bought a 2 ton for size to cary but would like a larger for home use. I could use all those tools mentioned cause you know that in the off season they'll find ther way outa the castle tool box and dispers into other locations. let meknow thanks!!
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I could use the cable for castle repairs if needed what size do ya have? I'll putoger a list you see if ya have and we'll negotiate.
78.50"