Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1511303 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      My wife is diabetic. She hasn't had to make any huge changes. She has a few other health issues that factor in, though.
      I think my last A1C was 4.7. Not positive on that.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'm considered type 2. i take metformin and they put me on  a once a week trulicity shot. my last A1c was 6.4. it also was a big factor in me losing 50 lbs. that and eating better.

there for a while my trulicity dosage wasnt available. pharmacists said quack docs on the interweb were dishing them out for weight loss for rich turds!!!! its not OK'ed as a weight loss regimen!!!

another thing they told me stay away from white bread.......its to the point i'm not a white bread fan anymore.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So you give yourself a shot?
yep. Pretty painless. Hardly feel it unless you do it in wrong spot. Get close to the belly button area where there's still a little  body fat.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'm also Type 2. I also take Metformin. Have for quite awhile. So it isn't as effective anymore. So I take an insulin shot everyday and also Ozempic once a week at no cost. Ozempic caused me to lose about 50 lbs also. Cuts appetite way back.

My A1C's have also been in the 6-7 range for the last couple years.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish those meds would curb them cravings for sweets! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Think I'll  have a donut  :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/27/24, 01:21:59 PM by glenn57 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Ozempic curbs all appetites. Some days I have to force myself to eat some meals. Making getting the right amount of insulin sometimes difficult. Some nights I have to eat something at bedtime so I don't wake up in the middle of the night with low blood sugar. But you do lose weight.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya glenn, white bread's a killer. Rarely touch it. Besides, it binds me up! Then I have to call Barry for stool softener advice... :rotflmao:

While it's not a license to steal, I was a little surprised after some reading and connecting the dots that my A1c at 6.6 wasn't higher. Given the stretch of high carb intake normally associated with the winter months thought it might be a lot worse. Hell, when I was running, I'd eat carbs on purpose just to keep my caloric intake up and still lost weight. Afraid my joints, especially my hips, won't take that anymore. Walking sucks. Too slow and borrrriinnnnggg. I do more than I care to of that at work so may consider a mountain bike of sorts. Plenty of gravel roads around here to explore & it wouldn't take long to get more exercise to burn off some lard. Winter snowshoeing works, when there's snow. I used to run in the summer & snowshoe in the winter. Chores are more labor intensive then so it doesn't have to be an everyday occurrence. I don't have to get down to fighting weight again, just flight weight if the Mrs. gives me that come hither look.     
« Last Edit: April 04/27/24, 10:48:21 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
white bread is a thing of the past for me too...   found some low carb  wraps at Aldi's that work fine for me...  pasta is not essential anymore but a treat...   lays low on sweets for the most part...  (I still want the blueberry old fashioned donut!!)   6.2 was my last reading
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :rotflmao: now where talkin  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma was heading grocerie shopping last weekend but I cut her short. " quit buying chit for the freezer "  3 of of em full!  Soooo tonight it was 3 different small tubs of leftover chili,  spicy chicken tortilla soup and chicken Wild rice, paired with mini corn dogs in the air fryer.  Dang Glenn would be proud of that unique combo!!  :rotflmao: although ketchup nor noodles were harmed.. ;)
« Last Edit: April 04/29/24, 06:23:38 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma was heading grocerie shopping last weekend but I cut her short. " quit buying chit for the freezer "  3 of of em full!  Soooo tonight it was 3 different small tubs of leftover chili,  spicy chicken tortilla soup and chicken Wild rice, paired with mini corn dogs in the air fryer.  Dang Glenn would be proud of that unique combo!!  :rotflmao: although ketchup nor noodles were harmed.. ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :happy1:

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Tonight I made a cheesy chicken and rice casserole for supper! 😋😋 Super easy and simple and quite filling!

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  dang yours looks great!!!    made one similar to that last week.. enchilada flavored!!!   

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Looks delicious. What's for dessert?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonight I made a cheesy chicken and rice casserole for supper! 😋😋 Super easy and simple and quite filling!
Well, I hope you used the low fat cheese!   :doah:   You'll never hear on this forum!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Looks delicious. What's for dessert?
John says "beer!" Is what's for dessert! 😁🍻

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to do a corned beef roast in the crack pot today with some carrots...  hungry for it... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Perty close Mike,  but Ruebens this away. 2# of corned beef in 5 sammiches,  way too much, I could only put down 1and a half with fries to boot. Maisy thought I could use some help also..lol.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good eats Bobber!!!   hope I don't eat it all before I make a rueben!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man those corned beef roasts are about as good as it gets.  LOLOL   I drool thinking of your meals.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
deli corned beef is good too!!!  they have it on special this week at one market!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some of that and some sliced colby cheese.  That on rye bread with some mayo and spicy mustard is pretty good.  Lettuce too for a change. Need to think of something tomorrow.  Internationally famous spaghetti is kind of on my mind too. . :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: With some cottage cheese too, right?  ;) :rolleyes: ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon