Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Border crossing  (Read 1183 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just horrible!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: how they getting into Canada first??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's amazing this isn't being talked about more. I know there is a lot more electronic surveillance capability now than there was when I lived near the Canadian border in ND. It'd still be impossible to have enough manpower to keep anyone out who's hellbent on coming across.

I've probably mentioned this before but I had customers with land butting up to the border itself. One field I monitored was less than 1/4 mile wide but ~ 4 miles long. There were what were known as prairie trails crossing the border between the two countries as there were farmers who were farming on both sides. There were several of these dirt trails on this field and untold numbers elsewhere. Since booze was extremely expensive on the Canadian side, the Hutterites were renowned for smuggling it across. They'd come down to Rock Lake on a Saturday night, party it up, then load their pickup with booze until it squatted down with the wheels almost rubbing the wheel wells. Then they'd sneak back across the border early Sunday morning in the dark on the prairie trails. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Did any of you guys see the 60 minutes pc on border crossings last Sunday? We did & were quite surprised......................https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/02/05/60_minutes_chinese_are_the_fastest-growing_group_crossing_into_us_from_mexico.html :
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard that before. How many secrets are they sending back to China??? Did any of you hear about a 200' radio tower that just magically disappeared? Hmm, terrorist in action?  :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They did a couple minutes with the landowner that I found really interesting. He estimated that there was ~3000/week coming through that little 4' hole in the fence. He felt like he was in danger in his own home 1 night so he stepped outside & fired a round into the air to scare them off & he got arrested. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have read stories about southern border farmer/acreage owners that find people have used there water hydrants during the night often.  I suppose they are intentionally targeted for the water.  How scary having these strangers coming through your property every night.  Most may be good people but they all aren't.  When will they be breaking into the house for food etc. 

Here I sit looking across the river at Canada.  .  My eyes are peeled.
« Last Edit: February 02/08/24, 05:54:17 PM by LPS »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Most may be good people but they all aren't.  When will they be breaking into the house for food etc. 
Here I sit looking across the river at Canada.  I am locked and loaded.

Good people?   If crossing illegally they are plain and simple criminals.  They should be treated as such. 

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      How many other illegal border crossings are there on our entire northern border? I wonder, are there illegal crossings from Canada in to Alaska?
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Most may be good people but they all aren't.  When will they be breaking into the house for food etc. 

Good people?   If crossing illegally they are plain and simple criminals.  They should be treated as such.

Yes, especially the children.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes, especially the children.

I know several Homeland Security people working the borders.  Both north and south.  The "children" in many cases are used as pawns.  In some cases the "children" are not even their children but these kids are used for the purpose of crossing the border.   This is another case of the media using things to create BS news.   Oh them poor kids....pull the heart strings of the people to make the officers look bad.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have read stories about southern border farmer/acreage owners that find people have used there water hydrants during the night often.  I suppose they are intentionally targeted for the water.  How scary having these strangers coming through your property every night.  Most may be good people but they all aren't.  When will they be breaking into the house for food etc. 

This is what a lot of people are concerned about. How long before there are enough numbers that they start hitting houses, building sites, etc.? Hey, I know, let's put more gun control measures in place!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Exactly right. Come thru a port of entry the proper way.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
This was north of Badger late last summer. Notice the pistol in the hand of the lead person.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Here I sit looking across the river at Canada.  .  My eyes are peeled.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
After reading all the posts about these illegals sneaking across the border. I thought you might be interested in the following drug bust by the RCMP at Boissevain, Man. at the Peace Garden crossing in No Dak. Not to far from here. This was a semi load going from California to Winnipeg. Enough meth to give EVERYONE living in Manitoba 3 doses.

Yes we have a BIG problem at the southern border. But it isn't the only thing going on at our borders.

"Canadian border officials made what they say is the largest narcotics seizure in Prairie history earlier this month.

Officers found 406.2 kilograms of what's believed to be methamphetamine in large suitcases inside a commercial truck on Jan. 14.

The semi-trailer truck, which was en route to Winnipeg,

The total amount of suspected drugs seized adds up to about four million illicit doses with an estimated street value of more than $50.7 million."
« Last Edit: February 02/08/24, 09:00:05 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir that is a problem also. Last summer when I was laid up there was a show on Discovery channel about the contraband sized at the border crossing. Interesting show. Amazing how many different ways the attempt to smuggle things.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watch those border crossing shows too.  Pretty fun to see the challenges they have trying to find stuff.  The dogs are the ticket it seems.