Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: So we lost another great one....  (Read 32952 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad to read Paul Newman passed away.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good man...  RIP.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no!!!  Actually I though he already had died.  Hard to keep track.  RIP Paul.  What a great actor.  Him and Redford were really a fun duo to watch. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The Hustler is one of my favorite movies. RIP

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked.  He died in 2008!  Must have been an old newspaper you were reading Snow.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
The Hustler is one of my favorite movies. RIP

agreed,classic as was butch cassidy.

LPS typical from a bone head swede ,still I was unaware he passed.thought he was above ground yet,actually I even herd Kqueers talking about it this morning....
« Last Edit: May 05/20/21, 11:13:03 AM by snow1 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked.  He died in 2008!  Must have been an old newspaper you were reading Snow.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Thanks for fact checking! :confused:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Come on fellows. I come here for the most up-to-date info from around the world.  Steps it up a bit!  :shocked:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Come on fellows. I come here for the most up-to-date info from around the world.  Steps it up a bit!  :shocked:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I come for entertainment. Many of you are doing great!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I'm taking my new Corvair to the movies tonite. Ya know, I think that George Kennedy guy just might win an Oscar for his role as Dragline in Cool Hand Luke.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: May 05/20/21, 02:55:05 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn, Abe just died, 2016.   :rotflmao: I hope George wins too Dotch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just read 99 year old Betty White passed away.  :reporter; dang she was a good one, funny too.

Had that dingy blonde mentality.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think she was getting real close to turning 100 too!!   yup RIP...  liked her on her shows...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's too bad, I thought she was doing good for pertnear 100!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep so was I. Think she was the last of the golden girls cast still kicking too??

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Always interesting at this time of year to see the list of famous people who pass every year.

R.I.P. Betty.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep so was I. Think she was the last of the golden girls cast still kicking too??
she was...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Always interesting at this time of year to see the list of famous people who pass every year.

R.I.P. Betty.
yep, I haven't seen any death pools lately either. :scratch:.
« Last Edit: December 12/31/21, 03:43:13 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

R.I.P. Betty.
yep, I haven't seen any deaf pools lately either. :scratch:.

deaf??   don't ya mean death??   dat ol age stuff is really getting ya!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

R.I.P. Betty.
yep, I haven't seen any deaf pools lately either. :scratch:.

deaf??   don't ya mean death??   dat ol age stuff is really getting ya!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :scratch: I have no idea what your talking about.  :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Kinda hard to type on a cell phone with a big white dawg sitting on the lap!  :pouty: :smoking:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen this morning former NFL head coach Dan Reeves passed away. Seems like this goes on this time of year.

Even around here. The obits get plenty busy in Dec.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree. Pattern sometimes seems like make it thru Christmas then die. Wife has to work tomorrow to get all the arrangements to a bunch of Sunday funerals. She's blown thru most of the dogwood I cut earlier & I cut more than ever. Needs greens too. No rest for the wicked... :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen where they found Bob segat dead in a hotel room today, he was in full house and funniest home videos.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard Dwayne Hickman from Dobie Gilis passed away too..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I read Meat Loaf, the singer passed away..  74 years old..  didn't know he was that old... 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I read Meat Loaf, the singer passed away..  74 years old..  didn't know he was that old...
Time sneaks up on you.  "Bat out of Hell" was released 45 year ago.  :rocker;

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
true that!  rock on!   :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to see Meatloaf twice.  1st time was at the Medina Ballroom in 1990 and then again in 1994 at the Target Center.

In 1990 he was doing a nostalgia tour of "Bat out of Hell" in small venues.

Then in 1993 he released the sequel album, "Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell" and took that show to major auditoriums with his "Everything Louder Tour."    A couple of things stand out from that show.  He expressed his appreciation to the fans multiple times.  He felt so fortunate to have the opportunity to be a Rock and Roll superstar one more time.  He was truly humbled by the whole experience and he left everything he had on stage that night.  The other thing he was happy about was that his daughter was singing back-up vocals - but he didn't announce that to the crowd until the end of the night.

And in case you were wondering, his daughter did NOT sing the "Paradise by Dashboard Light" duet with him.  That was another "yeah baby" singer.   :happy1:

Here is a photo I found on line from that Target Center show.