Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Early Goose  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Navy2432

• Minnow
Hi Everybody
I need some help.. Where is a good place to good in the metro area for early goose??? (w/o boat)
John

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Well there is a ton of managment areas around the metro that you can try, make sure to check with a CO tomake sure of the laws governing that area as far as open water and if the WMA is actualy open for early goose season.

You can call the DNR and ask if there are any land owners who need hunters to take out some geese for them.

Or just drive around an area you want to hunt and bang on doors to ask permission, be prepared to get the doors slamed on you or listen to a few people coplain about hunters but you can find willing land owners if you put in the time.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline PJ Maguire

• Outdoorsman
Good luck. I would get as far from the Metro as you can.
Where I'm from calling, flagging and decoying are just basic skills and the kids will do a little guiding just to pay off some bills.

www.waterfowlgrind.blogspot.com

Offline Navy2432

• Minnow
THanx Benny I've been there today & got PRIM maps & info. But still running into the surface water restiction. I'm going to try a few WMA's & see what happens.

P.J not a option otherwise I wouldn't be on here seeking help.

:scratch:
 :bonk:

Offline PJ Maguire

• Outdoorsman
Hey man I am just speaking the truth.  :tequila;
Where I'm from calling, flagging and decoying are just basic skills and the kids will do a little guiding just to pay off some bills.

www.waterfowlgrind.blogspot.com

Offline DUCKMAN

always see tons of geese in Lakeville. maybe scout some fields south or east of Lakeville? Good Luck!
Just another jerk on the end of a line waiting for a jerk on the end of a line.

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Ended up with 7. Had lots of compitition. All in all it was a fun time, but lots less birds than I hoped for. I think I am going out after work today. I'll let you know how I do!
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Id be looking for the rivers on the northside of the limits...