Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 914808 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
LOL yep, my food rarely touches!  :rotflmao: I suppose when I'm having Chinese food - that can all touch, but that's pretty much the only exception.

It's been fun learning how to use the grill and cook more, and my boyfriend is enjoying being fed, so it's a win win!  😍:azn: :laugh:
:happy1:no better food then stuff off the grill  :happy1: before ya know it you'll be smoking food !!!!!!

and adfter everything you've been through you desreve to be happy cagain!!!!!!! :happy1: :bow:
:bonk: :bonk: good gawd......looks like boar wrote this for me!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not enough coffee?  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL yep, my food rarely touches!  :rotflmao: I suppose when I'm having Chinese food - that can all touch, but that's pretty much the only exception.

It's been fun learning how to use the grill and cook more, and my boyfriend is enjoying being fed, so it's a win win!  😍:azn: :laugh:
:happy1:no better food then stuff off the grill  :happy1: before ya know it you'll be smoking food !!!!!!

and adfter everything you've been through you desreve to be happy cagain!!!!!!! :happy1: :bow:
:bonk: :bonk: good gawd......looks like boar wrote this for me!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :rotflmao:
Are you trying to say that Sharon’s a happy Cajun?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dinner fer 2 tonight as well.  Momma has shrooms n asparagus going topside while the pooches and I take of business outside.  I should probably leave room for desert tho... :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
datz one heckof a steak knife!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  maybe dotch could mail yea one!!!!!! :happy1: :rolleyes:

looks damn tasty though!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Dinner fer 2 tonight as well.  Momma has shrooms n asparagus going topside while the pooches and I take of business outside.  I should probably leave room for desert tho... :sleazy:
What's with no eating your spargas??   :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
What's with no eating your spargas??   :undecided:

looks great!! 

and yea why not!!??!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :rotflmao: :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/24, 07:07:34 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great looking food you guys.  I have a pkg of beef ribs from a quarter we got and they look great.  3 big 10" ribs with a lot of meat on them too.  Will smoke them tomorrow.  I love beef ribs so I hope I can do them justice.  They are already rubbed and in the frig.  Also an EVOO mist on them too. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a shot of them.  They are full of meat too.  They weigh about 1 1/2 lbs ea. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never had ribs like this.  Was always 4 bone plate.  These are the thin bone surrounded by meat.  I will show another pic when done. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Venny backstrap, asparagus on da grill. :hubba:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
your wife is going to be mad at you for not sharing that with her!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

don't say the katchup is for the venison!!!   :puke:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Prolly that and the aspargus... :puke:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
your wife is going to be mad at you for not sharing that with her!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well it sure as hello ain't Fer the taters! :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Sue wont eat vension off the grill......its why i make it when she's gone or i'm at the cabin!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Sue wont eat vension off the grill......its why i make it when she's gone or i'm at the cabin!!! :happy1:

dats the best way!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
For lunch… vortex chicken legs with a chuck of pecan.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks great Coop!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Smoked pepper, creamcheese, bacon wrapped chicken
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks so good.  I can even smell it.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a shot of them.  They are full of meat too.  They weigh about 1 1/2 lbs ea. 

I've always wanted to try smoking some beef ribs, but everytime I go to look at them, I realize I could buy two full pork racks for around the same price!  :doah:   So I just stick with them!  :tongue: 
Click-the pic.
« Last Edit: April 04/08/24, 09:30:01 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cub has these flavored pork loin filets on sale BOGO right now so I picked one up to make for dinner tomorrow night. My late husband used to cook these for us all the time, but I don't recall how he made them! Should I grill it since it will be nice outside tomorrow or are they better to cook in the oven? Any tips will be appreciated! Thanks fellas!  :happy1:

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they are very grilled or baked!!!   just don't over cook them...  cook them to an internal temp of 142 to 145 and then let it rest a few minutes...  then slice and serve!!! 

some times they have cooking ideas on the package too...   good luck!!   I really like those too!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agreed! Have done lots of them on the charcoal Weber. Seared then cooked indirect. Sometimes add apple or other wood to the smoker boxes when doing that. Depending on the fire, wind, etc., to get it temp-wise where chef mike recommends takes about 10-12 minutes per side. And he's 100% right. Don't overcook. 
« Last Edit: April 04/08/24, 01:01:21 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My vote is for the grill. Over charcoal and I throw a chunk of 2 of wood right in the charcoal. I do it indirect and like Mike said don't over cook.
Hey look your bobber is up!