Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488968 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am telling you.  That Cuisinart Ice 21 Ice Cream/Yogurt making thing is awesome.  I don't see why I will ever buy store bought again.  Basically every recipe asks for 1 cup of whole milk and 2 cups (1 pint) of heavy whipping cream.  Then add fruit, chocolate things or whatever.  Make about a quart and a half in a batch.  Turns out like soft serve and is great.  Then put in freezer and turns out just like regular ice cream.  Gonna make cheese cake with blueberries this weekend.   :sleazy:  Takes about 20 minutes from the time you pour the stuff in that it is ice cream.  Can see it all happen. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So not on the stove but next to it so should count in this thread. We have two freezer containers for the ice cream machine so are going to make 2 batches today.  One will be cream cheese with blueberries.  The other batch will be peach.   :sleazy: Then will let it set up in freezer for a couple hours.  Mayhaps a treat whilst watching our Twins.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So not on the stove but next to it so should count in this thread. We have two freezer containers for the ice cream machine so are going to make 2 batches today.  One will be cream cheese with blueberries.  The other batch will be peach.   :sleazy: Then will let it set up in freezer for a couple hours.  Mayhaps a treat whilst watching our Twins.   :happy1:
along with all the other shortages, i potentially see a dairy shortage with LPS the ice cream man on a roll!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to try a new to me recipe today..  chicken breasts in the crock pot with butter and cream cheese, cook 6 or 7 hours, shred and put back in with bacon and cheddar cheese..   I'm thinking onions should be in it too..    serve on buns or wraps.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man does that sound good Mike.  I am going to make some internationally famous spazgetti later on.  Will use ground beef from the wife's brother who raises his own.  That will make it special.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I should say I'll be using pepper bacon in it..  really great flavor!!!  and when I make the sandwich or wrap I have thin sliced ham to add to it too!!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/28/22, 09:28:50 AM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
going to try a new to me recipe today..  chicken breasts in the crock pot with butter and cream cheese, cook 6 or 7 hours, shred and put back in with bacon and cheddar cheese..   I'm thinking onions should be in it too..    serve on buns or wraps..
:pouty: oh yea and that doesnt sound fattening one bit  :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we just had my "world" famous sketti last week!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: oh yea and that doesnt sound fattening one bit  :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we just had my "world" famous sketti last week!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

yea and you eat so healthy too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
by golly it turned out very good!!!  ham is a "take up a step" in flavor too!!!  I can also see where I could chop ham up and make it that way with the bacon too!!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/28/22, 06:36:22 PM by mike89 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds tasty Mike!! Now we gotta learn ya how to post pics so we believe ya!!  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds tasty Mike!! Now we gotta learn ya how to post pics so we believe ya!!  ;)
:sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

yea right!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey if we can do it so can you.  Just got to do it.  Would like to see your meals.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
someday maybe,    :scratch:
hell.......i'll drive to your house to show you.......no excuses!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Since I am making lunches again I got a ham.  I got a Frick's half ham and man is it good.  Has a dark outside from being smoked.  Very tender and not a lot of fat.  Best ham I have had in awhile.  $2.69 lb.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma wanted flat bread pizzas,  and not your regular ones. Don't ask me what's all on these but they were tasty! Pretty sure most of it made Glenn's list of I don't eat..lol.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma wanted flat bread pizzas,  and not your regular ones. Don't ask me what's all on these but they were tasty! Pretty sure most of it made Glenn's list of I don't eat..lol.

Can't help thinking about this one...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sunfish is about ready to swim in hot oil!!! :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was planning on doing some pork steaks tomorrow but after consultation with the wife it changed to chili.   :happy1: :happy1:  Gonna be a rainy day so it qualifies.  Can't wait. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea baby... First BLT's of the year!! Of course shadow got his scnazz in there! :doah: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course he and the little sheltie got a piece of bacon. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course he and the little sheltie got a piece of bacon. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

with miracle whip??   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope just a small piece of bacon.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea baby... First BLT's of the year!! Of course shadow got his scnazz in there! :doah: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :cool: 1 of my favorites, BLT's with homegrown tomatoes.  :scratch: Do you have a sear setting on your toaster, glenn?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :cool: 1 of my favorites, BLT's with homegrown tomatoes.  :scratch: Do you have a sear setting on your toaster, glenn?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:pouty: :pouty: :rolleyes: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :rolleyes: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'll bet he has jet engine blaster setting on it!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We decided to be guinea pig tonight. A kitchen cravings take and bake from Kwik trip. :happy1: pretty darn good.