Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Leech Ice Today  (Read 1633 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.

Ice update for leech lake Walker, Mn. I just returned from Walker and was surprised to see open water up to Breezy Pt. Walker bay at the park has open water. With the wind today I say Ice out for leech will be Tues night or Wed Morning. On that note we lost a couple weeks of Ice fishing because of the warm weather but gained a month or more of open water fishing. For me thats great because I put off getting the boat ready and rods till the last minute.

I have some crappie Lakes near walker Ill now have time to fish before the Walleye opener. Nothing more fun then a bobber fishing panfish in the spring its just relaxing. Also a Rainy river trip and out to SD river fishing in a boat!!

I have decided to upgrade my electronics this year before the summer guiding season with LOA. I put an HDS8 with LSS on the dash and put my LCX27C color unit next to it. The HDS8 will run sonar and Si an Di the 27C will just show my Map. Ill also be adding a I pilot to my terrova 80lb motor just to make sure I have all my bases covered. Gee do we really need all this!!! if nothing else it gives you more confidence whats below and better boat control for days when the fishing is tuff.

The LLWT is in June I just got a call from Char at the Chamber I was on the short list now Im in with a new partner Brian Morris. Hope to do well with this great fisherman usually fish with my Son which I really enjoy but he's too busy this year.

Good Fishing Everyone!!
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Thats good News Bob, I picked tommorow and my daughter picked Wedsday for Iceout in the Pilot contest!
 The new electronics sound Great...still thinking of adding a Side and down image on my boat..cant decide HD or Bird though.
...bite is already on in ND on the river,better get over.