Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Late Leech opener Report  (Read 1450 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
Leech opener on Sat three under fish and slots 26" two 25.5" 24.5" and some smaller slots. Nice fat fish. Started by Goose Island then left too many people for me. Headed north for these fish.

Sun was a better day north again 9 under fish for a fry and some dandy slots biggest was 28" a friend caught fishing with me. Before the 28" he had a 27" back to back dandys. Lots of nice slot fish Sun. Water was cold 54

Drifting worked the best green jig and Spot Tail wind was Big Nasty Sun Night got back to Walker park at six but I was dry. I was happy with the opener nice fishing should get better. I fished one spot by myself three drifts three fish I liked that. I traveled 14 miles one way for these fish away from the crowd.

Visit www.leisureoutdooradventures.com for the monthly newsletter on tips and trips

Pics of fish both days. 28" netted by Greg.
« Last Edit: May 05/20/12, 09:52:59 PM by fishnutbob »
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014