Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4967422 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Splttttttt! Feel like sh it going back to bed
you were cooking again....werent you!!!!!!! :evil: :rolleyes:

seriously hope ya mend soon!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sucks being sick I feel for ya.  Go back to bed.  Put a pillow over your head. Gently I mean.  Helps me relax.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 40 here and heading for 44 it says with a chance of rain mixed with snow. We ended up with .18" of rain last night. We can use it. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here and will only get to the 50's today..  got a few things to do today and maybe one errand too..  it can wait..   sure is cloudy this morning..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is cloudy and wet here.  It is 41 and may see 50.  We have 1/4" of rain in the gauge but that is the last few days sprinkles included.  I want to cut off one of my long dock pipes as it is too darn long to handle easily.  May or may not get er done today.  We had chicken thighs on the pellet grill last night.  Hard to beat them.  Not sure what we will concoct for this evening.  You all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to town to cash my CoOp checks. About enough for two cases of beer, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. After that I'm headed to my tax guy to do our banquet report from the 12th and then to FF to get that gate. I did get the back yard de-thatched, seed and some 10-10-10 put down yesterday. Have to add seed and fertilizer on the FF list, I'm out. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Something happened here and Cenex quit giving the profit sharing checks here after many many years of doing it.  Lots of pissed off people especially farmers.  I have been told it was bad management here but I don't really know. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...unless something else gets in the way........ goal #1 is to get the cheatmaster put in the boat today!!!!! :happy1:

starting friday.........looks like a stretch of wet soggy weather........i'll take it, so Thursday has been designated as a  :campfire: and  :toast: afternoon/evening!!!!!

we have Cenex for the cabin propane. i also fill the truck with gas there. when mom turned the account over to the brother and myself i kept the thing up. first year i didnt get anything so i questioned  them. they made some comment about 65 and over that would add to the dividend from the store purchases......i thought what the f$%^&8. i did get one last year for about 13 bucks.

i did fingd out the deer river and remer cenex are one and the same, but when i went out to my brothers in Wisc i filled at a Cenex and they never seen the card!!! :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I didn't get much neither but it got me buying gas and other things there because of it.  I never got over $30 but was the principal. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Wind blew hard yesterday w/gusts over 40 mph, again. So much for my stick picking up efforts. That river bitch tree is on my short list. Turn your back and there's more crap falling out of it. Wedge Nursery special. Never sure if what you bought was what they sold you or what kind of oddball disease it might be harboring. This tree appears to have bacterial leaf scorch. Worst of all it's spread to a couple of my red oaks. No wonder they went out of business. :angry: Finish, spellcheck & proof my copy then on with the show this is it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Wind blew hard yesterday w/gusts over 40 mph, again. So much for my stick picking up efforts. That river bitch tree is on my short list. Turn your back and there's more crap falling out of it. Wedge Nursery special. Never sure if what you bought was what they sold you or what kind of oddball disease it might be harboring. This tree appears to have bacterial leaf scorch. Worst of all it's spread to a couple of my red oaks. No wonder they went out of business. :angry: Finish, spellcheck & proof my copy then on with the show this is it.   
sounds like campfire material to me!!!!!! :happy1:

yea birch trees are dirty trees when it comes to little branches on the ground!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is really bad losing oak trees to it.  Birch are nice looking and smell good when burning it but yup a messy tree.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With the red oaks it's usually kind of a slow death. In the meantime, they start looking ugly after they're fully leafed out. The nice green leaves they start out with begin turning brown from the leaf margins. By the time fall rolls around, they lack the beautiful red color and are just dull brown. The trees also start shedding more sticks, just like that effing river birch does. Since the oaks are smaller trees, it isn't as bad, yet, but if you want to dull up a set of lawnmower blades fast, those red oak sticks will do it.  :mad1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If the oaks or birch won't make it Dotch I can help cut em up, can always use some fire wood to keep momma occupied..lol. As always Afternoon forum fellas, been hearing the sounds of mow lawners and blowers more often around these parts, my yard is close and could use it. Someone nearby was flying a drone over a little pond down the street and spotted a vehicle in it, turns out a dive team came out and pulled a 1983 beamer out, I wondered what happened to that car  :confused: . Anywho a little Maisy update, she can be the devil at times or an angel, doesn't matter the size of the dog , she wants control,  we'll work on that. Retrieving she is doing awesome,  mixed it up today with balls and canvas dummies and she was spot on, some real long retrieves also, and learning to take turns with Remi she's catching on. Anywho looking like taco Tuesday...See ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here to start the day. Heading for mid 50s today. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 this morning and could see 61 today and they calm winds!!!!  even looks like a bit of frost on the grass...  for one day anyway!!  going over to Alex this morning and get a few things...  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 30 here now & we're headed for 59. Got the roll-out dock in the lake yday but didn't put any decking on it yet. Think we'll be going out another 10' to start this year. S'posed to have had an appt for cataract surgery early next week but that got changed yday too. Not sure if I'll mess with the dock or putting the handrail back on the steps 1st today yet. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  it is 26 here and 63 is what they say we will see today. The river is glass calm.  Beautiful morning.  If I hadn't eaten too many of those old pickled onions I would be a little more upbeat this morning.  Man they got explosive in the night.  I mean I had to get up 3 times.  I told the wife to not take any to work for snack.  LOL  She doesn't eat them.  I am even skipping coffee this morning.  I put my 5' 3pt brush mower on Craigslist yesterday and a friend of mine pulled up the driveway for a visit and he bought it so that is great.  He didn't even see it advertised.  He is an Allis fan too so we are going to get my WD ready for sale in about a week too.  I just don't use it so may as well turn it into cash.  Gonna be a take er easy day today.  You all have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just to clarify those checks were from our local elect. CoOp. I haven't received anything from Cenex yet and they go by region. So if you belong to the Alex Cenex you get your credits there and at the Garfield one six miles West of here only. It's not statewide. On today's dance-card is pulling the roller around to try to knock down some nightcrawler piles. It's hard to walk in the yard. Should pick up some sticks before that too, busy today dotch? Better get looking at the Toro zero turn too. Have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......lookin like a spiffy day outdoors!!!! :happy1: :happy1: first project head to st cloud and get my crossbow!!!!

check FF For them plastic mounting boards for da boat!!!! then who knows!!!!! :sleazy: :evil:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......lookin like a spiffy day outdoors!!!! :happy1: :happy1: first project head to st cloud and get my crossbow!!!!

check FF For them plastic mounting boards for da boat!!!! then who knows!!!!! :sleazy: :evil:

May as well pick up some water proof wire connectors to hook up your Bird and some clear silicone too while you are there.  And some STAINLESS screws to put the board on as well (if it don't come with them).

Why did this come to mind with Glenn and a crossbow?  Don't shoot your eye out!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the locator is already mounted in the boat and hooked up to power.....WITH water proof connectors!!! :happy1: already have marine caulk!!!!!

as far as the crossbow....... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: they said  they'd give me the rundown and some instructions on there range....i'll be fine!!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Wind is supposed to be down to ~5 mph out of the SE today so that's a switch. Digging up corn AND soybean seedlings (yes there are some nutcases who soybeans planted already) to assess their condition yesterday was downright brutal. All was well as of late afternoon anyway. More of the same on tap for today. Was a little crust forming on one field but with the rain forecast, wouldn't get too alarmed about it yet. After work, when I get chores done, I get to change into my hay fairy outfit again and get another trailer load of small squares! Maybe after that I can help you markn. Hope you have some night vision goggles... :coffee: 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers.could be a great day.
      Went out this morning and picked up some chicks. An even dozen, to be exact. Got them situated in their brooder. Very vocal bunch.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
      Went out this morning and picked up some chicks. An even dozen, to be exact. Got them situated in their brooder. Very vocal bunch.
      Stay safe everyone.
:scratch: :scratch: you sure you gotz enough stamina to handle a dozen "chicks""!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Stay safe everyone.
:scratch: :scratch: you sure you gotz enough stamina to handle a dozen "chicks""!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
If not, I can think of worse ways to go.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   40 and clear this morning heading for 60s.  Yesterday was about as nice as we could ask for in April.  I think it was the first day we had 60s and the winds were not blowing.   I spent most of the day working in the yard and on the dock.  A few more days like this and I might have to haul in a load of black dirt to do some planting in.    Have a great day!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for mid 60s today. Going to be a nice day today. Unfortunately it will be down into the 40s and rainy this weekend. The big question will be wether to start the wood boiler again or just tuff it out for 3 or 4 days. That's what blankets are for, right?. Well just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here and heading to the 60's again. along with the wind today...    yes yesterday was a nice day overall!!!  need to pick up pine cones again, the winds of the last week sure knocked them out of the tree again...   have a good day all!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to town to meet for breakfast soon and then it’s load up stuff and head out to the trap range to set up for tonight’s banquet. I did get a moon-set picture this morning. Later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm