Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 2.11.08  (Read 5621 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Things really heated up on Minnewaska last week...contrary to what the other bait shop reported on the other side of the lake. 

Theory...

1. Might have been the cold front moving in, OR,

2. It might be that the lake turned over a few weeks back and there are lower O2 levels in the deeper water which is driving the fish in.

Theory #2 is interesting and maybe has some merrit! 

I heard the DNR opened Lake Emily and Westport to promiscuous fishing.  ** Make sure you check with the DNR before you go because saying "Kyle said so" to the judge will definately not get you off the hook!  But that is what I heard.

If that is the case...there could be some REALLY nice fish coming up. 

I remember a few years back when Simon was opened to promiscuous fishing...all we had to do was cut a big hole in the ice and wait for the fish to show up...and show up they did.  Pike, perch, bullheads, bass...amazing how the poor things were coming for air.  We took what we could but there were plenty more.

I could see lakes going down fast due to the thick ice, snow cover and shallow water...it makes sense.  That is why theory #2 above could be the reason we are seeing alot more walleyes on the Aqua Vu and why there are alot more people coming in for MORE bait.  I have heard some good fish being caught in 14 to 16 feet.

The shrimp are still doing well for bait...crappies and sunnies.

Otherwise the smallest jig with a wiggler for both sunnies and crappies as well.  There has been a really good bite on the north side out from the buffalo farm.  Crappies!

Some really nice pike as well...alot moving through every 5 to 10 minutes if you are looking for some fast pike action.

Sick of the cold but can't complain when the fish are biting!

Fish On...and on...and on...and on!