Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ammo Cost  (Read 1645 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
What the heck are shells going to cost us this yr. I havn't looked at factory ammo at all yet.

I normally reload my own but now that lead has went from $18 a bag to $45 I'd be willing to bet factory ammo will be cheaper. At that price I'm wondering if the specialty loads will be cheaper with factory ammo also. My other option is to buy a shot maker as I have access to an almost unlimited supply of free lead.

Does anyone know of deals out there?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Griz... Bad news, talked to a buddy that I shoot clays tourneys with alot and he warned me of the increased $$$... He said the costs went up even more for reloading than buyin shells!  He said the best route is to buy shells in bulk..... I always used to buy Winchester AA's of some kind, usually the fastest, heaviest load that you can use,  but I may have to start using lighter, cheaper loads being I shoot at least 1000 registered tourney targets a year, and then theres the league....OUCH! :banghead: :bs:  China is buying all the lead up and putting it in the paint they put on toys we buy for our kids! ;) Im gonna go do some research/shoppin after work, I'll let ya know of the prices I find.....

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea it stinks that lead went so high. Like I said I might just buy a shot maker.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow!  Hit Gander and Sptsmns wse... shells that were $6 are $9 a box... stuff that was $4.50 is $7!  The lowest price steel loads are $9 a box.... Im hopin steel will get cheaper as it gets more mass produced! :banghead: