Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 4.28.08  (Read 1936 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Finally the ice is off the lake and the water is back!

The panfish bite was incredible right up to the last days of ice.  Limits were easy to come by.

The bite has not stopped...limits are already being caught in Torgy's Bay from shore or boat.  Most are fishing from shore with the rediculous weather.

Anything from waxies to crappie minnows and doesn't seem to matter what jig or hook to throw at them...they are putting on the feed bag.

The Crappie Master tournament was postponed to this coming weekend May 3rd.  There is a gauranteed $12,000 payout with first place being $5,000 from what I understand.  Entery fee is only $200 per boat along with a potential $25 membership fee and $10 big fish entery.

So far the number of boats entered has been slow but it is expected to pick up as everyone now knows that they won't have to bring their ice augers and portables for the tourney.

Boat numbers will still be low...if you ever wanted to be in a "high potential for winning something" tournament...THIS IS THE ONE!!  The crappie bite is already HOT...even your grandma could catch crappies. (maybe she aleady out fishes you anyway??)

The seminar for the tournament is Friday night at the Minnewaska House.  The late fee has been waved to just show up!

I actually hope none of you show up because I plan on winning this thing.  Rumor has it that I can only catch small crappies but I going to dunk alot of minnows trying...there has to be a couple of dumb ones out there even for me.   

Any questions...give an email, call, drive over, passenger pigeon or send some smoke signals.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

PS - don't forget to check out the MNO "Habitat Outlet Store" for all of your spring food plot and seed needs.  A percentage of all sales goes to support this web site!  Here is the link...

http://www.habitatnow.com/go/MNO