Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How about a Get Together this weekend?  (Read 7754 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
My buddy is back in town for the weekend.  If he wants to go I'll be there with him and my daughter.  If not we will probably hit the bar early.  I should know more by Saturday morning and I'll leave a post.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Sounds good guys, looks like we have a few folks to make for a fun time. Looking forward to meeting a few of you and hopefully the fish cooperate. If any of you want my cell let me know. I'll just send a PM with it to all who want it. Like I said, not hard to miss. Look for my truck and a big sasquatch dude in camo, that would be me.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
Look for my truck and a big sasquatch dude in camo, that would be me.
so true.............
 :rotflmao:
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Still trying my hardest to make this one. Fighting with my schedule a bit......

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Hope you can make it Tim, would be great to meet you. We have a few folks coming for sure. Gonna be a good time.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Feel free to bring tipups to Pelican at the get together this Saturday. I hear there are big pike in there as well.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Here's a link to a good map a buddy sent me http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/montrose/pelican_depth.pdf

Look from the boat ramp on the left (west) side and follow that around the bottome (south) side. I'm thinking we'll be fishing in that 7' to 11' mark.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry guys I'm going to have to bow out on this one.  Maybe next time.  I hope you all have a great time and catch lots of fish.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Too bad General, we'll have to get together another time.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Well, we had a decent turn out for such short notice. I don't remember all the screen names of the guys I met, but it was great to meet you all. Da Kids and I fished in my house with our kids and I have a few pictures from that. Autum (Hope I got the spelling right) caught a nice crappie, sadly that was the only fish we produced. Da Kids was going to put the crappie on my 3 year olds (Lizzy's) line. I went to destract her and, of course, stepped in a hole!!  :happy1: Scared the crap our of her. I brought an extra set of clothes in atisipation of this so it wasn't that big of a deal. She was crying so I got her changed and then told her she had a fish on  :woot:. She realed up the fish that was placed there for her and was excited. After that, the kids all started to get antsie and it was time to pack up. As we were packing up the other guys let us know the fish were coming in (around 5:30). I know everyone caught a few, hopefully we will get a good report that they put a hurtin' after we left. All in all I had a great time and got to meet some great guys. Hope we can get togehter again. I have a few pics to share.

Da Kids Daugher Autum waitin' for a bite.

My daughter Lizzy, didn' thave as much Patients

And my daughter Reanna, well, she just wasn't all that glad to be there!!  :scratch:  :queen:

Autum did great with a nice crappie

Here's Lizzy and I with the trophy "fake catch" but it made her day. Thanks Da Kids!!  :happy1:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Thanks for the report and pics Sandmannd!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
Excellent photos! I'm glad to hear a good time was had.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey, had a great time!.  That's mostly what it's all about right?  Anyway, my brother-in-law John and I ended up hanging around until 8 and caught 12 keeper crappies and were happy to meet a few MNO members.  It was a nice day to be out on the ice.  Thanks Sandmannd for initiating the get together.

Joe

« Last Edit: February 02/08/09, 11:14:27 AM by JoeFisherman »

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
You're welcome Joe, glad you made it out. Good to hear that sticking around paid off and you got some nice keepers. Congrats. Wish I coulda stayed but after the midget went in the hole, it was a done deal for us.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Autumn had a great time!! :happybounce:  Sandman your fishhouse is huge.  thanks for sharing.

Joe thanks for the jerky.  It had GREAT flavor.  Could you post your recipe?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good times  :toast: we need to do this again before the end off Ice fishing. If the rain does not make it impossible to get on lakes.
How big did the Keepers get?

I went to Burch lake sunday from 11 am to 4 pm None stop crappies but all where under 6 inches so did not keep anything.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I heard from a couple of different buddies they had keepers in the 8-12" range. Hopefully some of you guys got into those as well.