Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wahts your favorite ice jig?  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm refering to your favorite pan fish lure! If you have a different lure for early ,mid, and late ice please specify what stage of winter you fish the lure . thanks
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Personally I use a diamond jig all year long ! I tip it with a waxie and now i have been trying spikes ! precious metals are my favorite colors and I think the fish like it too  :chef:  :rotflmao:

Offline walleyeguy35

• Minnow
Fiska jigs with 4-5 spikes on it, or a plastic tail like a Little Atom Nuggie

Offline tuna

• Outdoorsman
#2 swedish pimples    :bow:
just relax

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i usually just use a small teardrop with a waxie on it. but my favorite is whatever they are biting on. but most times they arent too picky what it is, maybe i just got the right moves or somthing haha  :rotflmao:
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Big Bass

• Outdoorsman
Pan fish diamond jigs eyes #7-11 jigging raps

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
diamond jigs just like drummers but i think my favorite has to be a frostee jiggin spoon helps me get down there fast and cover lots of water

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
Forage Minnow! I love them. Sometimes I'm even tempted to take a bite... :rotflmao:
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline IceFishin4Life

• Outdoorsman
My favorite panfish jig would have to be a white or chartruse Ratso tipped with a minnow or wax worm. Never fails me. training-087
A good day on the ice is better then a great day at work.

Offline boogityn

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Team Xtreme
   Hands down, Gold cast master tipped with a minnow head. Big crappies and eyes! :happybounce:
" If you have a chance, take a kid fishin"

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So I was using a Gold Ice Diamond jig with spikes this weekend up on Big Pine Lake fishing for sunnies...Good ole' four pound line, and behold, cought a 9.63 pound northern and iced it...Big and fat, full of eggs, and watched her go back tail first after a picture(coming soon). Must be hungry, first time ive ever used the diamond jigs, love em! Seems they'll catch anything.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Dhunter, Way to go man I can't wait to see that pic! What size jig did you use? I have been bitten off many times this year when I was using a size 12 or bigger diamond jig! what did you tip it with?

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
1/32 oz #12 hook gold in color tipped with them red maggots(spikes?)

Offline KoRn_2956

• Outdoorsman
for me its a ice fly glow jig or swedish pimple

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I guess I have a couple go to jigs. One would be a gold Diamond jig, but I also like the old Genz Fatboys. Like posted above I'm usually switching jigs every 20-30 minutes trying to find the hot jig/color. I carry about 8 or 9 different brands in multiple colors and they all get a chance to be the hot jig.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
White or blue moonglo. Blue seems to be a tad better for crappie and white for sunnies.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Later this ice seaon I have had great luck with a yellow and pink gill getter jig. I caught many perch, crappies, gills, and even one bass on saturday.

Offline PDOGG

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Jigging rap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Jigging raps are fun to use. When I used the for white bass they would just crush them! it was very fun. :fishing2:

Offline MetallMilitia

• Outdoorsman
i like a doodle bug or a swedish pimple w/ a drop hook

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
diamond jigs just like drummers but i think my favorite has to be a frostee jiggin spoon helps me get down there fast and cover lots of water
what about the blood worm kyle lol ?