Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: need info on compass and good skinning knife  (Read 1280 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I'm looking at getting a compass and havent done much research on it but i'm guessing there are $10   AND $100  ones and wondering is there much difference and what to look for?   Also  looking for a good skinning knife for hunting and trapping any info to point me int he right direction would be helpful

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I kept my compass from the military.. you can get em at the sportmens guide in SSP for about
65$... always have it with me even when I have a GPS. just remember that a compas is only as good as it's user.. so practice with it.  as for a knife.. I have some norwegian made knife I bought in cabela "rock bottom corner" of their website.. give that place a look over and you may find yourself a good deal for about 30$... and learn to use a stone and the type of knife won't matter as much as your ability to keep a good edge on it.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"