Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: fishing rod  (Read 1377 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Looking at getting a new panfish rod or two this winter and since I'm going to the ice fishing show next weekend I was wondering if any of you guys use a thorne bros. rod and reels.  I have heard some good things about there rods and jason mitchells also. Just wodering what some of your thoughts and experinces have been?

Offline BK19

• Outdoorsman
    • keechracing
yeah ii hear very good things about both if you have the cash to buy them as they are spendy
my wallet is as empty as a monday morning church

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
St.Croix Legend rods all the way! I have not fished anything better on the ice! match it with a 15 dollar reel that has instant anti reverse and u r set! We have caught big eue ,big pike , and everything inbetwen and they held up beautifuly!
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ya spendy is the word.  ouchy might have to talk to the banker first ;D

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
If you are looking for a lighter set up, try The HT line of "Ice Blues" rods. I have a few of them also and the pole is so light u don't need a spring! I love the 32 incher for forage minnow spoons in deep water for them crappies! :fishing2:
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline wallyhunter66

• Minnow
Frabills panfish poppers are awesome for panfish, if you want something for multi-species try the new clam rods and a spring bobber from frabill. They both work great! :happy1: 
« Last Edit: November 11/30/09, 12:56:36 AM by Jdrummer »