Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A Steal of a Deal !!!!  (Read 1270 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
Carl Pavano seems to be the ace on this team, can we get four more starters to pitch like him? Maybe he could coach some of the other starters how he pitches.

Also Im glad they have put Delmon up in the batting order he has game with the bat. He does miss plays in the field but it should improve with time.

This guy just knows how to pitch. :happy1: :USA:

Carl Pavano, considered an overpaid bust during his four years with the Yankees, has been a bargain this year when the veteran righthander is compared with some of baseball's richest starting pitchers (salaries, statistics for 2010):

Carl Pavano, Twins: $7 million
12-6, 3.26 ERA, 143 2/3 IP, 126 H

CC Sabathia, Yankees: $23 million
13-3, 3.18 ERA, 144 1/3 IP, 127 H

Johan Santana, Mets: $21 million*
7-5, 2.87 ERA, 135 IP, 119 H

Barry Zito, Giants: $18.5 million
8-5, 3.45 ERA, 130 1/3 IP, 113 H

John Lackey, Red Sox: $18 million
10-5, 4.36 ERA, 128 IP, 144 H

Carlos Zambrano, Cubs: $17.875 million
3-6, 5.66 ERA, 55 2/3 IP, 69 H (in minors)

A.J. Burnett, Yankees: $16.5 million
7-8, 4.99 ERA, 110 IP, 117 H

Roy Halladay, Phillies: $15.75 million*
10-8, 2.40 ERA, 154 IP, 144 H

Jake Peavy, White Sox: $15 million
7-6, 4.63 ERA, 107 IP, 98 H (out for season)

* Pavano beat both Santana and Halladay head-to-head earlier this season.

Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah I saw that article this morning also, looking at the "deal" we got with Carl.... He is the man for sure on the staff.... What I do find funny and maybe a little ridiculous is that someone making 7 million for half a year is considered a bargain!(?) I bet a few retired pitchers threw-up in the back of their throats when they saw that article this morning....Yeah Delmon's surge is helping alot right now with Justin MVP out for who knows how long..... Just think how tough the Twins would be right now if we still had Santana and Tori Hunter on the squad..... I think we'd be sitting pretty well right now if we had just one more legitamate starter.... The only real gripe I have is how I have to cover my eyes when Delmon is chasing down flies in the corner of left field..... its REEAALY ugly.  Ole TK must have a tough time watching his escapedes out in left field.... But I dont think you learn fielding when you hit the age of 25 and are in the big leagues.... If you havent figured that stuff out by then its too late, you can either field or you cant.... you find that out in little league.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn!  Delmon is just on a huge tear!  Kin of funny, he's not talking to reporters right now... like he doesnt want to get jinxed. :scratch:  If he keeps it up Ill never have to complain about his fielding woes again! ;)