Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins sign Mauer to 8 year deal!  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
The Twins have signed Joe to an 8 year $184 million extension!

Click the link below for details.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5016230
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 :dancinred:   :happy1:   :happy1:    :dancinred:

BIG NEWS!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
gosh they did it i thought they were gonna do what they usually do, be cheap and get rid of there good players. :rotflmao:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I am glad they signed him.  I just hope they can afford to keep other good players around him.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Im hearing alot of the "dang, that comes out to 150 grand per game" or "thats like 1000 dollars per hour"..... well guess what?  He's probably one of the three best catchers in the history of the game, if not the best ever :bow:, & he's a home town guy, so if the market calls for that pay, how can they not pay it to him?  Simple as that... Yeah its a ridiculous amount of moola, but then paying leading actors/actresses, teen Idols (Miley Cyrus etc.) and other entertainers what they get is even more out of line, right? :scratch: Some actors get that eight year contract's worth from a movie or three that are made in a few months! :doah:  Like Dennis said, if he's taking up 1/4 of the teams salary, it may effect the teams ability to keep other good players long term... gonna have to keep the farm system in really good shape, and keepdrafting the right kids like they have in the past! ;)  The Twins also better have a good Loyds of London policy on Mauer if they didnt already! :whistling:  Ya think Joey needs a full time maintenance guy/fishing buddy at his cabin?  I have my resume ready to go! :rotflmao:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, that is my only problem with the large contract (we cannot spend as much $$$ on other players to put around him).  HOWEVER, I think Target Stadium will bring in more money than the Metrodome and i think the Twins are going up the ranks in the Baseball world and their market will keep growing over the years!
Im excited for baseball this year and I cant wait to get to a game at Target Field.  I have looked into tickets for key games (Twins v. Brewers) and the tix are going fast and the ones left are pretty pricey.
GO TWINKIES!!!!
 :USA: