Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: It is official, Nathan is done for the year!  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

Nathan is going to have "Tommy John" surgery on his elbow.

See link below for full story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2010/news/story?id=5015108
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
 :censored:    :doah:     :banghead:

That will make the season pretty tough unless we can find a decent guy to replace him, or somone like Rauch closes successfully.  There are countless numbers of close games that we won because of Nathan, those 3-2 or 7-6 games. 
LETS CROSS OUR FINGERS THAT WE CAN GET A GOOD REPLACEMENT!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
:censored:    :doah:     :banghead:

That will make the season pretty tough unless we can find a decent guy to replace him, or somone like Rauch closes successfully.  There are countless numbers of close games that we won because of Nathan, those 3-2 or 7-6 games.  
LETS CROSS OUR FINGERS THAT WE CAN GET A GOOD REPLACEMENT!

I am hoping with the additional offense added this offseason (Hudson, Hardy and Thome) we won't have so many close games.  But we still need someone quality at the end of the game.  Maybe one of our existing relievers will rise to the occassion.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/10, 06:48:15 AM by Dennis Servaty »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The loss of Nathan will show how important he is to the team. You always need a good closer, we get one piece of the puzzle back and we lose another, such is any team game.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Im afraid this may be the end for Joe... :banghead: :cry:  I'm hoping they can talk Liriano into being the closer... We could use him as a starter as well, BUT, I think if he can stay healthy, he could be an awesome closer!  He has always had the nastiest stuff for the first innings of his outings, even last year when he wasnt himself coming back from surgery he was double nasty the first inning or two!  He's got the heat, the slider and more... if he wont accept the role, they will have to go outside the club... no one else on the team has the velocity a typical closer needs... Rauch is pretty darn imposing, but doesnt he throw in the low 90's?  Nathan threw in the mid to sometimes upper 90's... thats what a closer needs,  I heard Liriano was up there in winter ball, he must be stronger than last season.... I hope he's able to or will grab the role and run with it! :happy1: