Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Food plot Pictures  (Read 1776 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This picture was taken last fall (Plot was planted in mid July)

This is what the same view looked like yesterday.

Close-up of fenced area. I fenced this yesterday because they are beating the food plot to death and I wanted to see what it would look like with out browzing.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Looks like a big food plot.  If the deer are eating to much I am willing to volenteer my services in the removal of extra deer. :fudd:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What is planted in there? Are you planting something different this yr?
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is a fairly big plot (50-60 feet wide and about 1000 feet long) basically following the southern edge of a hay field.  If they keep it grazed to the nubs, I may need help in thinning the herd.   :whistling:
I put in this plot last summer.  I sprayed the area with Roundup twice (mid June and the end of June) around the middle of July I broadcast the area with a mixture of clovers, chicory, some annual plants (had a bag designed for upland bird cover), and fertilizer.  The weather cooperated and it stayed fairly wet all August/September.  Because the clovers are perennial plants, I don't plan to add anything to this area for the next three years or so.  This plot is more for forage than hunting so it's hard to beat the amount of deer food produced for the effort and cost.  For me, due to the ease of plot preparation, planting, maintaining, volume produced and deer attracting/holding power, "Clover is King".  :king:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Tough to beat a established clover plot. Easiest plot to maintain. I'm broadcasting some more clover into my existing plots this weekend. I had clover mixed with my brassicas last yr in one plot. The clover is coming back now so I'm going to throw some more in along with some chicory to thicken it up so it competes with the weeds better.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!