Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Baffin boots???????????  (Read 3323 times)

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113

Have you tried Baffin boots? If so what kind and did you like them? I need a boot that will keep me hunting no matter what! I hear this is the boot but I am sick of spending $ and still getting cold feet.

Thanks for any and all info
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I got a pair from Chets (you know the one) They definately do the job for inactive sports like ice fishing and hunting in the cold. If you plan on still hunting or stalking though get a pair if Icemans. They just read Baffin Technology on them. There was some extreme name the shoe peddler told me but I forgot it. If you are gonna sit I believe they are the best. They keep me on stand longer so they are worth the price.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Bowhunter... Check out Steger Camuks (Steger Mukluks) I dont get cold feet anymore since buying their Arctic Mukluks 15-20 yrs ago... just bought a new pair of their Camuks this year, they're camo, more water resistant than my old ones,(rubberized moosehide) comfy as freaking slippers and made in Ely MN!  They use them on arctic expeditions... really good stuff! :happy1:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
If your feet sweet a lot try spraying them with unsented antipersperant to keep them dry.  Works for me.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
* In 'ABOVE 30ºF' conditions Camuks and CamuksXtreme are waterproof from the ankle down only. In 'BELOW 30ºF' conditions the entire boot becomes waterproof due to change in the water molecules.  We do not guarantee the waterproofness of the Camuks and CamuksXtreme Hunting and Fishing Mukluks gaitor top when used in above freezing conditions.

This is from the steger website. Maybe I interperate this wrong but to me it says the top of the boot becomes water proof when temps are below freezing because water molecules change. So sounds like frozen water will not penetrate your boot? Is that not the case with most anything?

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
If your feet sweet a lot try spraying them with unsented antipersperant to keep them dry.  Works for me.

Same here.  You can try switching polypro socks as well.  I currently wear a Cabelas' 2000 gram weight boot and my feet stay warm all day with polypro socks.  If my feet get cold, I put a wool sock on in the field and that helps eliminate sweating walking to and from the stand.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought that was interesting also BiggA... basically the weak link in the "waterproofness" in the Camuk Extremes (the ones I have) is where the water-proof uppers meet the water-proof lower portion is... anotherwords, where they are stitched together.... just like icemans/sorels ect.  Ice wont get thru needleholes! ;)  To truely have waterproof boots, you need all rubber boots... even with "waterproof" membrane/liners (goretex, dryplus etc) they are going to eventually leak after wearing them for a period of time.... like a waterfowling buddy of mine once told me... IF YOU WANT WATERPROOF, WEAR YOUR DAMN WADERS! ;D  Wore my Camuks on the ice all winter, feet NEVER got cold, NEVER got wet.... and I definatly gave them the chance to.... :happy1: