Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Regular PGA Tour stop in Minnesota...  (Read 2103 times)

Offline matt_killeen

• MNO Golf Pro Staff
  • Outdoorsman
I'd like to read some of your thoughts on whether you think Minnesota should or should not have a regular PGA Tour stop every summer...

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
why not!!  maybe we can get the legislature to build a new golf course for it.  ::)

kidding....  seriously, I think it would be great.
and I am prostadium by the way...
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline tkbluelake

Absolutely. We still have the largest per capita number of golfers in the US.  You can also look back at the crowd stats when Hazeltine has hosted the US Open and The PGA.  The articles that I have read also indicate that the players themselves love coming to MN. Just the economics alone warrants bringing The Tour here. TK

Offline matt_killeen

• MNO Golf Pro Staff
  • Outdoorsman
Big_Fish_Guy you do have a point in a way.  There isn't a facility that could host an annual event.  Hazeltine National is about the only track that can handle the galleries, tents, TV crews, etc.  They aren't going to 'cheapen' themselves by taking a step back from being a 'Major Only' venue.  The Players' Championship meets the FBR (Phoenix) Open, I think that would be a fair assumption of what Minnesota's annual stop would be like.  Huge galleries yet a 5th major type of tournament.  I'd like to see what kind of numbers the Booz Allen (TPC at Avenel, Potomac, MD) and the Buick Open (Warwick Hills, Grand Blanc, MI) turn up.  I would be willing to bet that a TOUR stop in Minnesota would double either of these events.  You think the numbers were big at Hazeltine National in 2002?  Wait till the PGA in 2009.  Better yet the Ryder Cup in 2016.

MK 

Offline altiusdirectory

It is nice info about PGA Championship 2010

« Last Edit: August 08/12/10, 03:43:56 AM by Hunterdown »