Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins hosting White Sox  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Twins hold a three game lead in the central division with the White Sox coming to town for a key three game series.  The Twins have been the best team in baseball (even without Justin) since the allstar break.  We have Baker tonight vs. John Danks, then Liriano vs. Gavin Floyd tomorrow, and Pavano vs. Mark Beuhrle on Thursday.  It hould be some great match ups!  What do you think will happen, will the Twins sweep and stretch it to a 6 game lead in the central?

Let's hear your thoughts! :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Even though I was born and raised in Chicago I hope the Twins sweep. My best friend is a Sox fan and I'm a lowly Cubs fan and I do mean lowly. This is the only chance I get to kick his butt about the Sox training-087
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I went to college down in the SE corner of MN at Winona State.  I have lots of old college friends that are from Chicago.  The majority are Cubs fans.  Only a few (outspoken ones) are White Sox fans.  It makes beating them even more special for me.   ;)
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Swany

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I think the Twins will get 2 out of 3, I feel a down game from Frankie Franchise coming for some reason...
~Swany

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to college down in the SE corner of MN at Winona State.  I have lots of old college friends that are from Chicago.  The majority are Cubs fans.  Only a few (outspoken ones) are White Sox fans.  It makes beating them even more special for me.   ;)

What do ya know, I am down at Winona State now, kinda, im done now but still in town!  Waiting for my buddy to get his boat ready so we can hit the lake for some bass, but yes I know alot of Cub fans down here and 1 White Sox fan.
I think the Twins will take 2 or 3 and stretch the lead to 4 games.  A sweep is tough, but we have been playing well and the Sox have been playing like  :censored: , so anything can happen!

GO TWINKIES!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Im also going with 2 outa 3.... For me, nothing gets me much more giddy than when the cameras go to Ozzy, with his chin leaning on the dugout rail, after Thome or Mauer has popped one over the fence with a couple of guys on base!  Live for it! :rotflmao:  And I dont know why, but I love Ozzy!  He's the perfect fans manager, he knows the game, he outspoken, doesnt hesitate to rip one of his players if they deserve it, He's very emotional, and is the absolute best for after the game quotes.... :bow:  kind of the modern day Billy Martin.... I love playin the Sox, but I dont hate them like I hate the Yankees(I reeaaly hate them Yankeesw!)...... This will be an awesome series...

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Twins take the first one 7-5 thanks to Thome's two run shot in the bottom of the 10th!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty dang entertaining, Eh? :happy1:  Thought a bench clearer was gonna erupt when Delmon threw a chin block on AJ... Ozzy displayed great restraint..... :whistling:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Gardy was a little ticked with the chin music that flew by Hardy!

Can't wait for game two!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty dang entertaining, Eh? :happy1:  Thought a bench clearer was gonna erupt when Delmon threw a chin block on AJ... Ozzy displayed great restraint..... :whistling:
I know that a lot of people don't care for AJ but I tip my hat to him. Delmon's play was a cheap shot. AJ just shrugged it off as part of the game and that is the way he plays. So before anyone says anything, Yes I know that is how the game is played .
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby... its a love/hate thing for me with AJ.... loved him when he was a Twin, now I kind of hate him cause he's not... he's a true competitor(and some time instigator ;))... thats why so many people boo him at the games here, I bet all of them loved him when he was here, just like I did....

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I agree with ya Bobby... thought Delmon was out of line with that play big time... I question alot of what he does when he's not at the plate.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Frankie was off his game tonight, but the Twins still came back and won game two 7-6.  Now we are 5 ahead of the White Sox.  Can we sweep em?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com