Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Attempt to delist wolves  (Read 1628 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
http://www.startribune.com/local/111667434.html
I dont usually agree with Klobashar (sp) but agree here for sure.

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
I must be going crazy or she does have a little sense in her head.  I never agree with her but it sounds like a good idea to me.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
it would be nice.. but the terrorist group sierra club and peta will pipe up here
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline JECAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What would de-listing the species do? From what I read the only thing that would change is you could kill one to defend living property (pets, livestock, etc.). If that is the case I don't see this affecting their population in the least.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
It may not have an immediate impact on population but at least you would no longer be a criminal if you defended your hunting dog or livestock. And we would be one step closer to looking into population control.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
i think if it's delisted the state can set up control measures if they choose to. I may be wrong
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe thats correct Beeker.... once delisted, the state would have control over laws having to do with defending property/livestock/pets and later on down the line, control measures if they so decide..... Im not holding my breath though, PETA and other groups are a strong lobby, have a lot of $$$ backing them, and it will probably be dragged out in courts for years... and where does the State get the $$ to take them on? :scratch:  I hope its possible to make it mandated that lobbyists wouldnt be able to go after the states that delist them (maybe some help from our elected officials :scratch:).... Yeah, its not going to immeadiatly make a dent in the wolf population, BUT, it's a start... I shouldnt be a freaking criminal if I have to defend my dog from getting ripped apart, and maybe its the first step in "teaching" the wolf population as a whole that they need to start fearing humans more than they do now, instead of looking at us as means for an easy meal, VIA our livestock, pets, game we've taken, etc...... one step at a time with this is the route to go eh?  All I know is, I at least should have the right to defend myself and my bird dog when out in the woods chasing birds... I was in the middle of a group of wolves this fall when grouse hunting alone with my setter, a few miles into the thick stuff... didnt see them, but they were following us yelping & howling for an hour or so.....came into my camp last year also.... its a bit unerving....

Offline sticksnstrings

• Outdoorsman
Legal or not I guess if it came down to a Wolf attacking my dog out in the woods I can insure you all one thing.......Shoot-shovel-and shut up!!
I have a buddy up in  Roseau and it sounds like thats whats happening with some of the livestock guys. Pretty hard to tell some of those ol ranchers and farmers they just have to stand by and watch a calf or lamb get rounded up by a pack of wolves!!! Wolves are smart hunters too......hemmm chase a deer all over the county or jump that fence where  the
T=bones just stand there and look at ya!!