Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What do you shoot?  (Read 10067 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I recently purchased a Reflex Grizzly. So far I've been very happy with it. It has a nice smooth draw and is fast and quite. I'm looking forward to getting the drop on my first deer with it this fall.
Prior to that I shot a Bear Alaskan for many years, in fact I took a nice fork horn with it last year. The Bear is still a great bow and I will keep it as a back up, but my son will most likely be shooting it in a year or two.

So what kind of bow does everyone shoot?
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I shoot a Hoyt Magnatec cam 1/2 i love it to death but i think i might be purchasing a bowtech old glory or a hoyt turbo tec soon depending on the money situation

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
4 month old Rivers edge recurve.  Chechen and curly maple with elm core limbs and capathien elm vaneers. 49@30 and 53@30.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought a PSE Excursion from GMT in Fridley before they closed it.
It was made for them eclusively by PSE.
It is equal to the higher end  PSE's , I loaded it up with al sorts of different stuff as well.Everything from Impact Archery sight to Shaky hunter rests, to Tru glo quiver.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
Iv'e been shooting a Hoyt for years. and it is a great bow but i just got a new Mathew's Switchback XT Ive only shot it a few times now.

And not to push there bow but,yes its as nice as the advertisements as you probably seen.

due to the high price of ads and me paying for what seems like all of there ads I'll need to shoot 20-30 deer this year to justify the cost but it is the best way i know to spent $ (on hunting stuff)
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline barebackjack

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I shoot a Hoyt Magnatec cam 1/2 i love it to death but i think i might be purchasing a bowtech old glory or a hoyt turbo tec soon depending on the money situation

Brandon

Ill echo that one, just got ita few weeks ago and cant wait to use it this fall!
IBOT #197 Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy ~jigglestick

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bowtech Allegiance, with some arrows,muzzys, a cobra sight and a trophy taker
« Last Edit: August 08/22/06, 08:35:55 AM by DaveO »
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Bucky

• Outdoorsman
For me its Mathews all the way.

Catch us if you can!
One crazy badger stuck in a gopher hole.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Mathews LX the only way to fly.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I am shooting a reflex buckskin set at 60 pounds.
tru glow sight and trophy taker drop away, thanks to my friends the owl brothers.
ken for his keen eye in bow quality and dan for his willingness to treat an I.B.O.T. right.
to me this kind of set up is simply amazing.
I am coming out of the dark ages and so far I am liking what I am seeing.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just picked up the Guardian.

Its the crap.

Catch us if you can? Try 348 compared to the XT 318, which I really considered doing.

Offline redneck rambo

• Outdoorsman
I shoot a Martin Sabre, I put a 29lb goobler and 5 deer in the freezer(one at the Taxidermist) this fall, I plan on shooting it all winter in my 3d league, if I practice enough, I can shoot as good or better than the "Switchback" boys.  Don't get me wrong, Matthews are awesome bows but, bang for the buck, I LOVE my Martin Sabre!
That's gonna leave a mark!

Offline Gus

• Minnow
I shoot an Apache Hunter...heck, I don't even know who makes them...doesn't say anywhere on the bow. It doesn't have cams, just the old style wheels. Shot seven deer with it this year, including a P&Y 143 score 10pointer.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
well gus, lets have some pictures man!
where did you shoot the bucks at. what area?
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Gopher

• Outdoorsman
Still shooting my old faithfull Hoyt.   Planning on whipping up on a buddy who shoots a Matthews in a few weeks at the local range.
All I wanna know is, are we going to be cramped?

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Actually got a new bow this summer it is a Hoyt Powertec cam &1/2 its awesome and i like it a lot

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline gotarace

Martin Phantom Fusion here...for the buck i don't think there is a better bow on the market. I had it to 2 days and robin hooded a arrow..lol

Offline kayaker

• Outdoorsman
I'm still shooting my old XI Legand Magnum that I bought in the early 90's. Pretty out dated I know but it's really been good to me.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I got an old Jennings Black Lightning.  Nothing fancy but it does the job and with 3 kids coming into hunting, I can't afford the new fancy stuff.  Hey it does the job; the deer don't even know the difference.

Grute Man
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline buckrub

• Outdoorsman
      mathews switchback xt  ;)

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
BowTech Guardian
Custom Vapor Trail Strings
Vapor Trail Limb Driver Rest
Spot Hogg Hoggit 7 deadly pins
Sims Mods

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
I got an old Jennings Black Lightning.  Nothing fancy but it does the job and with 3 kids coming into hunting, I can't afford the new fancy stuff.  Hey it does the job; the deer don't even know the difference.

Grute Man

I think your on to something I spent alot of $ on the fancy stuff and the deer didn't get any closer to check it out. Well now that I'm broke and cant afford to go anywere I spend more time in the tree. maybe thats what I was paying for    TIME?   :-[

Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline mariooo69

• Minnow
 Its all in the hands , I shoot a Hoyt Magnatec Z, i had a chance to shoot several brands while working at Gander Mountain a few yrs ago,, wasnt themost expensive, but i liked the way it felt, I feel very confident and thats important. To the gentlemanwith the Apache bow, I bought one about 15 yrs ago, was an Apache Warior, the dealer told me it was a line frome Jennings. JOhn