Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: band of brothers passing  (Read 887 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure of who has served on here.. or who watched the series... when I saw this I thought I would share with you all.

HERSHEY, Pa. - Maj. Richard "Dick" Winters, the man whose quiet leadership was chronicled in the World War II book and television miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died in central Pennsylvania.

Winters died Jan. 2, a family friend confirmed Monday. Winters was 92. He lived in Hershey but died in Palmyra, Pa.

In September 1944, Winters led 20 men in a successful attack on 200 German soldiers. He and his men later helped hold the Bastogne (bas-TOHN') area of Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge.

The exploits of Winters and the other members of Easy Company were chronicled in the Stephen Ambrose book "Band of Brothers" and later the HBO miniseries of the same name. Winters also published a memoir in 2006 entitled "Beyond Band of Brothers."

Winters was buried in a private funeral. Arrangements for a public memorial service are pending.

If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"