Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Techno Hunt  (Read 7148 times)

Offline Bucky

• Outdoorsman
Has anybody tried the techno hunt?

I think its pretty neat almost like you are in the woods hunting. This winter will be my first year on a league for the techno hunt.

Catch us if you can!
One crazy badger stuck in a gopher hole.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well you are going to have to elaborate......

Offline Gopher

• Outdoorsman
I have never done the Techno Hunt before, I believe they have one in Archery Country in St. Cloud.   

All I wanna know is, are we going to be cramped?

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I guess I'm not sure what a techno hunt is myself. ???
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? LETS TRY A GUESS?? how about a virtual reality tv screen caned hunt for a wild guess >  :-\
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Gopher

• Outdoorsman
I Believe what Bucky is talking about is a video simulated "woods"  that is set up at 20 yards and Different animals appear and you shoot them.   

Based on where you hit the screen the computer indicates if you hit it and if you did I believe that you get points for the quality of the shot. 

The Archery place gives you tips to use that you shoot at the screen.   It is pretty realistic from what I hear.

That is what I know.

I'm I correct Bucky? 

All I wanna know is, are we going to be cramped?

Offline Bucky

• Outdoorsman
The Techno-Hunt is a virtual hunt that will sharpen your skills to not only make you a better shooter; but also a better hunter. You stand at 20 yards exactly and have scene after scene of different animals to shoot at. Your arrow has a blunt tip on it so your arrow hits the screen and bounces off without damaging the arrow or equipment. (The place that you shoot at will provide you with the blunts for your arrows). The place I go to has a lot of different DVD'S to pick from when you shoot. You can pick anything like snakes, rabbits or gophers to pop up or the big 30 pointer to come in range.

Just like hunting you have a limited amount of time to pick your shot on the animal. Wait too long and the animal runs off the screen. Shot too soon and end up with a bad shot. The computer will score your shot on the placement of your arrow on the animal. No shot equals no points and a kill shot equals the most points. Different DVD'S will score your shot different.

If you have a chance I would give it a try. St. Cloud and the Twin Cities have it.  It seems to be real popular in Wisconsin.

I did it once and know I'm hooked
One crazy badger stuck in a gopher hole.