Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Great weekend!!!!  (Read 913 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Took the family north to the hunting shack for the long weekend.  Spent all day sat and sunday at the lake. Kids played with Lucy and got her to do some dock jumping and also introduced her to the canoe.  Tipped it over a couple of times.  Lucy also became a tug boat and pulled the kids in the water.  She didn't seem to mind them holding onto her tail.  Also took Kid #1 fishing in the canoe sunday and again this morning.  Lots of small skinny pike on little sand north of Remer.  This morning we tried a little lake that we had to cary the canoe a little ways into.  It felt like the boundry waters.  Clear and very steap dropoffs. Loons singing and swimming under the boat.  They are very large birds.  She easily outfished me catching more and bigger fish.  I gave her a dark green spinner bait and instructed her how so slow roll them.  3rd cast she catches her first big bass.  She ended up catching 5 bass with the largest being 21 inches.  She also lost a large pike (10+lbs)  She has instructed me to keep the lake our little secret. 3 hours that are priceless.  Only bad thing is we forgot the camera and the cell phone died after the first bass. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Nice trip. Nice story. Bad camera.

We were up in Nisswa. Fishing was slow - but man everyone looked happy to be alive. It's been a long wait for some serious summer weather.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Nice job dakids.   I was in the Outing area also.  The lake of no fish lived up to it's name once again.  The waterskiers, jet skis ,and boat traffic made fishing all but impossible.  I did miss one on my new swim bait long line trolled after dark.  It was a short strike and tore up the tail.  I will be rigging up a stinger treble to prevent this from happening in the future.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Very nice. That's what getting into the outdoors is all about. Sounds like your family had a blast.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.