Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: have you ever seen a yote skinned like this ???  (Read 3116 times)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
check this out
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvzdRTVa3Oo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 02/04/08, 01:04:57 PM by Tim »

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much how it's done except I don't use a hammer.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
yeah , the whole hammer thing ? never seen noone use a hammer  :bonk:

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
That is how you skin most all critters, i use a skinning machine. i dont spray though i just eat them.  :popcorn:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
That is how you skin most all critters, i use a skinning machine. i dont spray though i just eat them.  :popcorn:

:puke: :puke: :puke:  U HAVE ISSUES YOUNG BROTHER :bonk:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
How much harder is it to skin them (or other critters) if they died during the night and are cold and frozen when you find them?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
How much harder is it to skin them (or other critters) if they died during the night and are cold and frozen when you find them?

There is only one way to find out.......................

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman

Well by the time I get back home to skin the critters are cold which does make it a bit tougher. If they are froze leave them til the next day while they thaw.

When they are cold you just need to bend and flex them to get the rigomortis(sp) out and it's not a problem. Frozen is like trying to cut a frozen ham into nice sandwich slices with a butter knife. The only diff is you have a sharp knife and you can't pull the hide off so you must cut and thats what you'll likely do to the hide is cut it. OH I might add if you skin too many frozen critters plan on aurthuritis at an early age. I started feeling the affects before turning 30.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson