Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: metal detectors  (Read 935 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I'm thinking about buying a metal detector to use when out west and around home. Think it would be fun to play with when scouting new ground, never know what you might find.  Does any one on here have any info on what I should look for as far as a model or brand. Looking to spend 2-3 hundy on one or maybe more. Thanks for any feed back.

Offline NephronRacing

• Outdoorsman
I would suggest White's or a Garrett.  They make some really nice detectors.  Go out to their websites and look at the models they have and their uses.  They have everything from general hobby user to more specific uses.

I picked up a Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 from Fleet Farm to use when cleaning a pasture for my daughters horses several years ago.  It was about $200.  You can find it for around $120 now on the web.   It does a descent job.  My girlfriends daughter found some stuff at the beach last year.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Thanks, I will have to do some studying