Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Season  (Read 1500 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wondering how everyones is going?

I got a surprise layoff for one week. The opener of water trapping. So I wasn't really prepared give it a good go. I had a small amount of traps ready that I'd planned on useing on w/e's. So the first couple days were spent getting stuff ready and getting enough bait.

Anyhow ended up getting 3 good days in then I had to scale back for the last couple. I was shhort of my goals which was 100+ coon and 100+ mink plus rats. Anyhow ended up with 60 some coon, over 50 mink,1 otter and bout 80-90 rats. I didn't really keep track but will know when I get them all put up.

The mink seemed to be down pretty much all over but I'm not sure it's the population or the weather that we never had to make them move. Then the coon threw me for a loop as some places they would move real well then other places not at all.

Traps are pulled for now but when we get better ice I prolly go harass a few more rats along with a couple weasels. Not to mention some predator snares.

Anyway don't know why but only took pics of the one day. Got 6 more coon that day(Not in pic) that were released as they were dinks or unprime anyway.
« Last Edit: November 11/28/11, 03:21:24 PM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline naturalistmn

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Eyes Wide Open
Lookin' DAMN good Griz!     :Clap:
Shoot straight and give'em the shaft!