Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New w/e regs proposed Otter Tail County  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Walleye fishing: New regulations proposed in Otter Tail County
24 July, 2012 //

From the Minnesota DNR:

Comments sought on Big Pine, Little Pine walleye regulations

Special walleye regulations on northeast Otter Tail County’s Big Pine and Little Pine lakes will be discussed from 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the Perham Community Center, 620 3rd Ave. in Perham, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) said.

Current regulations, which are scheduled to expire in March 2013, require that all walleye 18-to 26-inches be immediately released on both lakes. Public input will help DNR fisheries staff determine whether the existing special regulations should be continued, modified or dropped.

People unable to attend the public input meeting may submit written comments to the DNR Fergus Falls area fisheries office, 1509 1st Ave., Fergus Falls, MN 56537. Comments also will be taken via email at arlin.schalekamp@state.mn.us or phone at 218-739-7576.

Comments on Big Pine and Little Pine lakes also will be accepted during an open house from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26, at the DNR Central Office, 500 Lafayette Road, in St. Paul.

All comments must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 8.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
now this is in my back yard,

As some may like the slot limit and some do not, over the year big pine and little pine lake have come a long ways with the slot limit in place, I like the slot---  most of the walleyes are in that 18" to 28" and it's seem to be harder to get eater to take home,

so here my view on this, The law is 18" to 26" have to go back and your are only alone one over 20" so on big and little pine lake that would be one over 26" Now who is going to eat a 27 28 29 30 inch walleye  :scratch: yes I know there are some that will. I would not, these are the one you need in the slot 27 28 as these are not trophy for a wall. but in fact are the good egg layer,

I say move the slot limit to 19" to 28" and have a Minn size of 16"  So by doing this you add 1inch to the slot limit and up the eater size by 1 inch this will all so protect the bigger female, or 20" to 30" to be the slot limit your only allow one over 20" any how with that new law,  

« Last Edit: July 07/28/12, 09:03:11 AM by wildlifeminnesota »