Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MINK NOW  (Read 1893 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
If you are after mink, spend the next 2 days setting  more traps. With the weather front coming in they are going to be on the move big time thursday night.

It's funny how animals can sense things llike this days in advance, but they can. The mink are to me the most affected by fronts. Maybe it's just cause I'm a trapper and I happen to notice them more. Maybe it's just their hyper nature. I really don't know.

Anyhow the mink have already stepped up their movements and are telling me were gettin something, what I don't knnow. Today while runnin rat traps and settin some mink sets I seen 4.

One of which caused me a twisted knee. Only about 10 feet away I took after him with a stick right through the cattails. When he got through them he turned around and went right back in as usual. Well when I tried turning around I twisted my knee.

needless to say I didn't get too many extra sets put out like I wanted to. It's kinda hard gettin around with a knee the size of a football. Tomorrow a freind is going to help me run traps if I need him. It's just driving me nuts knowing I should put out more sets. Prolly have to bring out the ol pair of knee pads (just like carpet layers use). It helps that ice and frozen ground is tough on the knees.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Griz - sorry to hear about the knee.
I gotta tell you I love hearing your trapping stories.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I am mostly rat trappin now but the mink were moving night b4 last. Out of the 7 mink sets I had out I got one but had 5 misses due to freezing rain. Little mink couldn't fire the traps. If it had been anything other than freezing rain. Just rain or snow I'd had em all. Oh well 2 months of season left anyhow.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson