Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Zimmer wants Cassel back  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   :reporter;  Vikings: Mike Zimmer wants Matt Cassel back :popcorn:

03/06/2014

:coffee: Good Or Bad :scratch:

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has made it clear. He wants quarterback Matt Cassel back.

Cassel last month opted out of his contract to become a free agent. But the Vikings are hoping to retain him after they can begin signing players Tuesday.

"I would love to have Matt Cassel back, if Matt Cassel wants to be back," Zimmer said Thursday. "I don't know if that will happen or won't happen. But we're going to find a quarterback somewhere. And if it's not Matt Cassel, then we'll find someone else. ... If Matt wants to come back, I'm sure that we'll get it worked out."

Zimmer said he has talked to Cassel about coming back. The Vikings can negotiate exclusively with Cassel's camp Saturday through Tuesday, but Zimmer said he expects Cassel also will be looking at other opportunities.

"I think everyone wants to explore,'' Zimmer said. "He's got a bunch of pretty girls looking at him. He wants to explore and see what's best for him.''

Zimmer also said Thursday he wants to retain free-agent wide receiver Jerome Simpson, who played for Cincinnati from 2008-11 when Zimmer was the Bengals' defensive coordinator. The Pioneer Press had reported Wednesday that the Vikings want Simpson back.

Zimmer said he has interest in bringing back free-agent defensive linemen Jared Allen, Kevin Williams and Everson Griffen. But Zimmer said he knows it will be difficult keeping all of them because there's only so much money available.

Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel scrambles as he looks for an open receiver in the third quarter at the Metrodome in Minneapolis, Sunday, December 15, 2013.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
hes probably going to sign with the Texans. him and Bill O"brien get along well. I really don't think he will be in purple this year. I see us signing freeman and drafting a QB. maybe AJ McCarron from Alabama in the 3rd or of the cards fall right Teddy bridgewater at #8. I DO NOT WANT BORTLES OR MANZIEL!!! if we draft manziel I will not watch one Vikings game this year

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If the Viks draft a qb in the first round rick should be fired.  I see us with schaub, Vick, or ponder.  All of which I think are terrible options.  I'm hoping for cassel or mccown as the starting qb and drafting one later on and hoping for the best.  I'm with Cody on Johnny football.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We'll end up with Vick. Isn't MN where all the dinosaur quarterbacks go? What's Vick got left in him, 1, maybe 2 good seasons.  The vikings need a franchise QB, not a freaking QB that needs a walker to get around. :rotflmao:
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Vick doesnt fit norv turners system so thats a no on vick.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Has Vick EVER played all 16 games in a season?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Call this guy up.  He was the vikes best QB ever.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Call this guy up.  He was the vikes best QB ever.

I don't remember Santa Claus playing for the Vikings...
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Silly, That's brett favre.  Formerly of the world champion green bay packers.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings signed cassel back.(kind of suprising) vick hasn't played a whole season sense 2006