Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lake of The Woods report  (Read 2675 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I just got off of the phone with a friend who has been going up alot lately.
he is going to baudette and out of adrians road,fishing out from pine island.
he said 22-26 feet of water was producing very well and dont be afraid to try deeper too. he was as far out as 28 feet and caught fish.
he had another secret spot he wouldnt devuldge and I dont blame him.
if  I am lucky, he will take me there?

the emeralds on a gold rock and roll were the hot ticket.
anything gold worked well he said.
he said you could see your lure ten feet down!
that is very good news after last years murky water.
I have to wait three more days for mama to come of graveyard shift before I can go. so...sometime next week? monday or tuesday?
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Any tullibee being caught I could use a mess for the smoker.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline TNT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
8)
Yo Griz,
heading up in the a.m.,
i'll let ya know on monday when i get back,
sounds like it has been going real good so far with some quiet days mixed in also, but for the most part nice fishing.
we'll be heading out on scooters, the area that i'm heading to still has some shaky ice due to the cracks, we should have the area to just ourselves or other mobile runners to.
<"(((((((><
tnt
jig,
 as far as the gold, i've been fishing up there off and on for the last 25 years and can count the fish that we have taken on gold,it has never really been the hot one for us, now lately i've been having my best luck with glow reds, and my fav right now is go devils(scenic tackle) in the 1/4 or 3/8 size, and the frostee is a real close second,
and as far as the color and jigs go, i used to fish with one buddy and all he ever used was a plain lead wrapped hook, and he caught just as many fish as any one of our group, he always said that we were all just feeding the sales guys, and he always gave us a good ribbing about our jigs and colors,especially when he caught just as many. report back on monday.
see ya all in the funnies.
tnt
« Last Edit: January 01/03/07, 11:36:47 AM by TNT »

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
So where are the tullibees biting?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
yesterday, I went north to lake of the woods with my oldest son Dan, MY buddy Goose and another friend, Dirtball2.
we met at baudette and got the LOW down on the bite from dirtballs friend at the bait shop.

we headed to morris point following a weekend of success for goose's new years bash group and another tip dirtball had gotten. they both involved 28 feet of water.

we went into morris point resort to find a note on the door, warning fishers that there was no travel accross the firt pressure ridge.
the ice had failed there and they were going to let the ice heal back up before allowing vehicle traffic accross it again, so, we were left with a choice, fish on this side of the pressure ridge with a maximum depth of 21 feet or try another access point.
being assured if we put in our time, we would get our walleyes, we decided to stay at morris point and stick it out.
two walleyes, one ten inch sauger and seven hours later we headed back home.
somewhat dissapointed, but glad to be out of the 20-30 mph wind that battered us all day.
we did catch a few smalleyes under ten inches too, but it was not what we were hoping for.
just gives me an excuse to go back.
this time, it's personal 8)
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!