Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: predator calling  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
There seams to be more and more intrest in predator calling so let see what other people do.

What do you use (gun/Optics)?

Mouth call?

electronic?

decoy??

what sounds?

set  up? 

location?

Offline Tbrothers

• Minnow
I shoot a Ruger 22-250
FX3 Fox Pro Call with 31 custom sounds
Hand calls I use Tweety and Thumber by the Terminators
I mostly hunt south metro and Benson area

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
My gun is a savage 220 swift

I have bipod for it but took it off as can't swivel nice. Like to just use "the sticks"

I have and use both electronic and mouth calls mostly dyin bunny blues. Am getting other sounds as I see fit. This time of yr I like to hunt the bigger woods and swamps but small woodlots next to these areas are also good.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/roosterslayer/?action-view&current=gooseblind021-1.jpg

I shoot a CZ american in 223. I mainly use my foxpro this time of year, and mainly call sloughs, fozen lakes and some small woodlots. But the main thing I look for is sloughs. and in this time of year through the first part of March i maily use coyote vocalizations but will put a jack  rabbit in from time to time!
« Last Edit: January 01/17/08, 10:05:48 AM by GRIZ »

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
slayer nice pics.. did you get the bear?

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No i didn't. the bear was slamming the baits, and the one day the wifey asked if i would stay home i have two bears on my bait during the day on my trailcam. figures. I am going at it again this year and more determined then last year to fill my tag!

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
NICE PICS  :happy1: