Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a conservation officer  (Read 868 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
      :police: Ask a conservation officer  :scratch:

Q: I’ve heard it’s legal to transport my shotgun uncased when I go from one spot to another when I’m grouse hunting. Is that true?

A: In some instances, yes. Changes in state law in recent years have made it lawful to transport an unloaded, uncased firearm (excluding a pistol) in a motor vehicle when a person is at a shooting range, when lawfully hunting on public or private land, or when travelling to or from lawfully hunting on public or private land. This does not apply within Hennepin, Anoka or Ramsey counties, on school grounds or within a city with a population of 2,500 or more. For specific exclusions, see MN Statute 97B.045 Sub 3. It is still always best for safety’s sake and for the care of your firearm to keep it within a case when transporting it in a vehicle.

Matthew S. Miller is a Minnesota Department of Natural Resources conservation officer with the Lake Superior Marine Unit.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again