Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Outrage over Kaepernick  (Read 10435 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lynch is just a poisonous as Colonoscopy.  Would not want either one on my team.  Talk about a distraction. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I like what the Dallas Cowboy team owner said.  You sit on the bench during the anthem and you will not be on this team.  That should be what every team owner should say and demand.  Love to pay for a one way ticket to Klapperdick and others who don't like this country to North Korea.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 One of 'em in China.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure glad I never eat there!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I like what the Dallas Cowboy team owner said.  You sit on the bench during the anthem and you will not be on this team.  That should be what every team owner should say and demand.  Love to pay for a one way ticket to Klapperdick and others who don't like this country to North Korea.  good luck.

I think this has less to do with standing for the National Anthem and more to do with owners and The League not wanting players to turn the television broadcasts into their own political forum.  They won't say it, but I think that is what's going on.

Personally all professional athletes are overpaid with respect to their value to society, BUT...

I think NFL players are seeing how NBA players have taken over and are dictating their terms to owners and their league.  And now some NFL players are looking for their voices too.

NBA teams are now at the mercy of the handful of superstars who control the league because there are so few of them and they play in the league for so long.

The NFL is different.  Careers in the NFL don't usually last long enough for any individual to gain enough clout and influence to push their own personal agenda in a significant way.  And fortunately (for the NFL), the superstars that are good enough and have been around long enough (Brady, Manning, Fitzgerald, Brees, etc.) are also smart enough to play hard, keep their schtuff off the field, and keep cashing massive paychecks.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
People talk about how bad racial things and stuff were in the 60's and 70's....ya, we had some riots, lots of marches, etc, but we didn't have cars driving down streets killing people, and all the hate splinter groups that we have now. I think the big difference is that we had RESPECT for our country and our flag regardless. You can talk about the big hippie movement, but I don't remember them killing people...just peace and love towards others. Maybe they had the right idea.
Where did it go wrong?

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Chris Long puts arm around Malcolm Jenkins, who held fist up during anthem.

:coffee:  .....
Sports Illustrated LogoPhiladelphia Eagles defensive back Malcolm Jenkins hasn’t stopped raising his fist during the national anthem, which is his way of continuing what Colin Kaepernick started last year. He explained this week that, in his mind, athletes need to continue showing their support for Kaepernick, and for his message.
“You don’t want the scene to go cold,” Jenkins said, per the New York Daily News. “You don’t want the conversation to stop. I wasn’t sure who from last year would carry it over, when the guy who started it is no longer there, but I think it’s very, very important for people to hand off that baton and continue to use the platform while you have it.”

On Thursday night, before the Miami Dolphins hosted the Eagles in Week 2, Jenkins once again held up his fist. Except this time, he wasn’t alone. Chris Long had his left arm around Jenkins as a show of support for his teammate.

Long, who is a native of Charlottesville, Va., issued quite a stirring statement in the wake of the tragic terrorist attack in his hometown. Perhaps that has something to do with his support of Jenkins, who likely won’t stop raising his fist any time soon.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/18/17, 11:20:22 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Maybe these guys should go play there football in the NKFL! :angry2: :happy1:

The North Korea Football League!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If people would just ignore this crap, instead of exploiting it.... :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman