Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: BSA Imports  (Read 2053 times)

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Has anyone ever shot one of these guns? I purchased one and there is not much information on the company on the net that I can find. I got the 12GA mo.# 300SA (semi auto) it takes 3 1/2 inch shells. It is a new gun. It seem alright but I was just wondering if anyone know anything about these guns. Also I know that a semi auto needs "breaking in" ... any suggestions?

Thanks!
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't make any comments on BSA's, but if it's a 3-1/2 I would shoot at least a box or two of the long toms through it right off the bat.

Get it broke in on those and the rest should cycle through fine.

My Brownie took two years to cycle the 3-1/2 er's because the guy I bought it from never shot them.

I sent it back to Browning a couple times due to it stovepiping , the first said it was not cleaned properly.
When I sent it back the third time with a copy of the receipt from a certified Browning service shop that it was properly cleaned and tested.

They then put it on thier cycle tester and found the bolt was not sliding freely all the way back on the long toms.

So they cycled it for 75 rounds and got it freed up.

Last fall I never took it apart to clean it at all, and not one stovepipe.

So that is why I recamend a 3-1/2 semi auto to be shot at least 50 rounds with full load long toms.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline acpoco

• Minnow
I have a BSA over/under and it was made in Turkey.  I'm pretty happy with the gun. Some other Turkish made guns are the Stoegers I think.