Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer season 2020  (Read 6162 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, it's upon us again guys.  Deer season opens this Saturday.  Across the state, gear is piling up in dining rooms, grocery stores are getting busy, and guys are scrambling to find last minute supplies across the state.  Here's to the hope that all our members have a safe, successful, and memorable hunt. I'm always reminded at this time, that there are camps out there that said a fond farewell to a cherish member over the last 12 months. Camp will be different this year.  An open spot at the card table, a tree stand gone unmanned on some windswept ridge somewhere.  The first year after my dad passed, my brother and I were in a funk.  We quite literally were just going through the motions. We hunted in Dad's honor that year, and had tagged our deer by 11:00 the first morning.  We did Dad proud, for sure.

Take a second and lift a glass in honor of those gone on to hunt in a far better place, and rest assured that the day will come when you'll hunt together  again.

Good luck gentleman.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: you to GG!!!!!!!

there isnt a deer hunt/camp that doesnt go by where i dont think of my dad and all his little quirks............... and every nightly meal knowing we wont ever have to eat that aweful turkey loaf again!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You have a good deer camp boys. Ours is going to be a little different this year because of the china flu. My buddy called me on Sunday and his son that still lives with him tested positive on Thursday. Dave also says he has it but tested negative and his daughter tested negative too. They are still going to go to the cabin to hunt unless they really get sick he said. So I will hunt on the state land up by the house. Join the crowd I guess. I figure I have a back up place to hunt and they don't. So they so hunt at deer camp. So best of luck to all you hitting the woods this weekend.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
bummer JB!!!!!!

yeppers........god luck to all the orange army going out this weekend!!!!!!! :bambi: :moose105: :moose105:

have loads of fun but most importantly stay safe my friends. yep......... even you boar!!!!! buddy!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

with the temps being forecasted for the weekend, make sre you take good care of your deer. think this is going to one of the warmest deer hunts, opening weekend anyway, i can remember. thankfully we have 2 spare frig's up at the cabin...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers good luck to all!!  and as said stay safe and have tons of fun!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
right on glenn be safe too brother! and no pouting wen dont shoot a deer again!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:i d way like to see my son shoot deer......i've shot many!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

This darn 60 degree weather is not going to help!  Their just going to bed down all day and enjoy a break from the last few weeks of cold and snow up north!  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

This darn 60 degree weather is not going to help!  Their just going to bed down all day and enjoy a break from the last few weeks of cold and snow up north!  :undecided:

We need the Orange Army to be on the march to kick 'em off their beds and drive them to me!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: iffin them does are in heat, and them bucks are like dotch, all horned up, they'll move. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: